User Tag List

Thread: 2010 Subaru Legacy revealed ahead of Big Apple debut

Blog Entries

Default 2010 Subaru Legacy revealed ahead of Big Apple debut

It's not as ugly as the concept they showed a few months back...still ugly though

With the days winding down until the opening of the 2009 New York Auto Show, Subaru has released the full details along with photographs of its highly anticipated new Legacy, which replaces the outgoing model for the 2010 model year. The new Legacy has big shoes to fill, as the outgoing model offered a compelling package with a sleek design and capable chassis.

The exterior design of the new model bridges the gap between Subie's aging flagship model and the concept car the Japanese automaker revealed in Detroit. The new Legacy also grows an inch longer, and about three inches in each the wheelbase, width and height, in order to offer a more commodious cabin.

Three engines will be available: A naturally-aspirated four, a revised turbocharged flat-four and the flat-six. The 2.5-liter normally aspirated engine produces 170 horsepower and equal torques, and the fla-six swells from 3.0- to 3.6 liters, now producing 256 hp and 258 pound-feet of torque. But the big news is the revised turbo boxer in between, producing 22 more horses than the outgoing model (now 265 hp) and 17 lb-ft more torque (for a total of 258) from lower revs. Of course, all the engines will offer all-wheel drive (otherwise it'd hardly be a Subaru), but the six-speed manual (fresh to the North American market) and five-speed automatic are joined by a new CVT to keep any of the engines in their sweet spot.

The interior has likewise been thoroughly revised, incorporating a new voice-command sat-nav and slick ambient lighting. All of this amounts to a modest 50 pound increase in weight, which seems like a small penalty to pay for all the added features.
    Click here for the full gallery.

Source: Autoblog.

2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Is that the Liberty in Australia?

I think the subaru stylists have been hitting the sake too hard. That is one fugly car.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Is that the Liberty in Australia?
    Yes. It was renamed out of respect for Legacy Australia

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I think the subaru stylists have been hitting the sake too hard. That is one fugly car.

Either that or they've been doing things that have may have caused blindness!

Almost Holden Epica like at the front
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    :

Almost Holden Epica like at the front
    I thought the exact same thing when i first saw it. Rear tail lights looks like a Lexus GS as well.

Apparently this is the US-spec Liberty/Legacy. Oz will get the Japanese version which is supposed to be slightly smaller. I wonder if it will look much different? Sounds like they are following Mazda's lead with the second-gen 6
    ie - releasing slightly different models for different markets