User Tag List

Thread: FINALLY photo of my fmic on mps 6

Default FINALLY photo of my fmic on mps 6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	575.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	10100 Its not complete yet i need to raise it bout 2 inches and put bottom lip back on but it should b done on my 3 weeks off ill post another one when i do it
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

If you raise it, put some anti-chafe such as rubber insertion underneath it , between the radiator support member and the base of the FMIC.

Oh ok wats the theory with that??

So you don't scrub your bumper

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

that looks f***ing mean!

What fmic is it?

6. Default

Looks great Will, really suits the aggressive front end of the 6

Looks good, definitely needs to be lifted up though.

Whether or not you can get any anti-chafe under it depends on its shape, plumbing flexibility and core thickness really. Yours looks quite low and set well forward, and I'm assuming inlet and outlets are on the same level, and you might be a bit restricted as to how much you can lift it. Mine sits on my radiator cross-support. It has a sloping top edge but some self-adhesive rubber insertion still gives it a good cushion to sit on. They are quite heavy things and tend to bounce a bit on rough surfaces, so any protection you can give it is a good thing.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Gee that is low, but looks good Will.

Ahahaha yeh by the time I lift it up it will b alright.... I hav bout 2 inches to lift and one intercooler pipe to shorten but no dramas.... I put some bp ultimate in today n what a difference it makes my performance feels so good it feels like so much more power atw

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Doug mine sits off the crash bar on the back side so I thinks its good place ill take a pic and show when I shorten my ic pipe to show a good view of where it sits
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Would be keen to see photos of the piping, especially to see where you've run it on the drivers side.

Yeh the piping is shithouse on the drivers side coz of the windscreen washer bottle being moved but I put it on the left side where my airbox use to sit

see my pic for what it will look like raised up and with the lip back on. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1475.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	298.4 KB 
ID:	10124 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mps fmic.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	10125
    Last edited by mrmatty; 20-12-2011 at 10:57 PM.

thats nice what brand??

cx racing. i modified the piping so i didn't have to relocate the washer bottle.

Did everything fit right for you??? Did u modify the piping by yourself or get someone to do it for u

well the kit i bought was for a 3mps so i had to chop and change a few things but most of it fitted alright. had to move the cooler up higher and cut out some of the radiator support to run the pipes through. i mounted the cooler where i wanted it and cut stuff out to make it all fit then i got my local exhaust shop to modify some of the pipes so it would fit.

Any chance of getting pic of ur pipping??

see this thread for some pics of the piping.