User Tag List

Thread: Trading My FG XR6 Turbo Tomorrow - Picking Up My 09 BL Mazda 3 MPS !!!

Default Trading My FG XR6 Turbo Tomorrow - Picking Up My 09 BL Mazda 3 MPS !!!

Well guys,

I WAS going to clean swap my FG XR6 Turbo for a BK MPS but after second inspection, you tend to notice things you never saw first time (a heap of scrathces, dents, etc) - so that didn't eventuate.

However...

I found a MINT BL Mazda 3 MPS and I'm picking up tomorrow - rego plates "MPS190"

Can not wait to take it though some sweet Tassie twisty roads !!!

Pic of the car on carsales attached !

This thing is A-L-M-O-S-T as quick as the FG in-gear, but KILLS it for handling, braking and fun factor and absolutely SLAUGHTERS it for standard fruit !

Cheers,

Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104901287.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	10086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPS interior.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	10087  

Fantastic mate! Congrats

Very jealous of the thought of your MPS on those wonderful Tassie roads

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

nice work mate, i did the same thing coming from a worked BF XR6T, loved it to bits, but it felt like a barge comapired to my little zippy MPS 3. The fun factor is waaay above the 6T, and is so easy to zip around the streets in, park etc.
    Im now 3 months in and still loving it. The only thing i miss is the loud awesome turbo whistle my 6T gave me when on boost (@15psi). Im wanting to hear that from my little mps but it just wont give it to me due to the small size of the turbo, BUT,..... you cant have it all.!

Enjoy!

enjoy your car
    sounds like a great place to own a mps (better than sydney anyways )

Quote Originally Posted by EX-XR6T View Post
    nice work mate, i did the same thing coming from a worked BF XR6T, loved it to bits, but it felt like a barge comapired to my little zippy MPS 3. The fun factor is waaay above the 6T, and is so easy to zip around the streets in, park etc.
    Im now 3 months in and still loving it. The only thing i miss is the loud awesome turbo whistle my 6T gave me when on boost (@15psi). Im wanting to hear that from my little mps but it just wont give it to me due to the small size of the turbo, BUT,..... you cant have it all.!

Enjoy!
    you mean like this:
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Spot on.

And once you get your head around the fact that being fast isn't just about straight line speed, the MPS3 is the better car - just doesn't look as tough.