User Tag List

Thread: CEL P0031 and P0134

Default CEL P0031 and P0134

Hey guys I just got my new O2 sensor put in and I'm getting these 2 codes, I've tried resetting the ECU with the battery thing and going to a shop to get it resetted, after turning the car off once it comes back on. What I've come accross so far on searching on google is

"it's not that likely that both the heater element and the sensor itself would fail at the same time."

Then found another person who changed his O2 sensor and still had the same codes. I got a Denso O2 sensor which is made for the MS3 but I don't think that's the problem. If anyone could help me out it'd be great since I really don't know what it could be and I've had Zack from Cypher have a quick look at it and he's not to sure why as well.

Thanks.

What mods do you have?

DP?

Gen 2?

No mods, I've put it back to stock and Gen 1, not even a downpipe, that's why im so confused..

When did the CELs appear?
    What had you done in the previous days/weeks?

The previous o2 sensor was fried so I replaced it with a brand new O2 sensor and then the CEL's came back on but it was different codes, when the O2 sensor was fried 4 different codes popped up. So I'm thinking it isn't the O2 sensor. And I've put the stock intake/TIP back in, i've cleaned the MAF sensor with that maf spray stuff.

I was thinking it might be the ECU? i sprayed down the engine bay about a week ago when I was washing it, so what I've done now is take out the ECU place it infront a low heat heater and in a bucket filled iwth rice to try get all the moisture out.

What device and program are you reading the codes with? I've found about half the apps out there get cel codes completely wrong. Be sure you're getting the right codes as a first step.

If you washed the engine down, you;ve got moisture somewhere else. Somewhere it shouldn't be.

Where would it be and how would I dry it up? And um I'm not sure I just went to the shop and Zack @Cypher Industries did it for me though I'll see if I can find someone else local who has one and see what codes it shows now. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

So should I rule out a fried ECU?