User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust Sydney - Mazda 3 MPS

Default Exhaust Sydney - Mazda 3 MPS

Hey Guys,

Looking to put a complete exhaust system in my Mazda 3 MPS.

Anybody out there with systems able to give feed back on cost, prices and where you got it done etc etc.

At the moment thinking of getting a quote for a full system from liverpool exhaust. If anyone has done this let me know what it's like.

Have also looked at MPS Garage and they got the Corksport complete system for $1100 and it sounds pretty good. But I don't think liverpool exhaust would appreciate me bringing an exhaust for them to install...prob charge me double! So would prob be better to just get the entire system + install from them.. That being the most cost effective way.

Cheers

My car's a 6 but I'm going through the same process atm.

I have listened to the corksport on a mps3 and it sounded too harsh and loud to me, I want to keep my car as a sleeper.

I went to Liverpool to ask them for a quote and they had a mps3 on the hoist with a corksport exhaust, they were changing the mufflers to change the sound. That was the clincher for me. So I am considering Liverpool for now for a full custom job.

Also considering the CPE exhaust with one cat from mpsgarage.

I also went and saw Jim at Tunehouse in Marickville. They use HKS stuff to custom make the exhaust. I saw and listened to one they had there, build quality was excellent and so was the sound. I am waiting for that quote as it was a big list of mods and they are putting it together for me.
    Last edited by ToxicMPS; 01-04-2009 at 12:25 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Cheers Kypros . . . . D.O.T.B. USN

if you thought corksport was to loud an harsh why would u consider the cpe one? it sounds a lot harsher and louder than corksport one from what ive heard. i thought corksport was a nit quieter and smoother sounding

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    if you thought corksport was to loud an harsh why would u consider the cpe one? it sounds a lot harsher and louder than corksport one from what ive heard. i thought corksport was a nit quieter and smoother sounding
    Its interesting that you said that and good to get an opinion of somebody who has heard both.
    I have never heard the CPE one, was just going by what one of the chaps at Mpsgarage said to me about to differences between the two and the impression I got was that the CPE was smoother and quieter. So I was considering the full CPE system even though it was dearer.
    Now I am confused .......

just dont consider TXS, the thing is really loud. My mate has a liverpool exhaust system on and it sounds great, not too loud. and has a nice note.

youtbe them. youll hear that the cpe has a more racier note and more raspier. more harsh, corksports is deeper and smoother sounding.

7. Default

mattmps we can have it fitted by us if you didn't want to go to Jimmy, & I'm pretty shall we can do the best fitment price in Sydney.

anyone tried hitech exhausts?

Cobb sounds nice and is quiet too... would be my choice if i had the moneys...

My exhaust I have on the 2 is from Liverpool Exhaust.....great job and it sounds great.

very happy

I have also heard great things about Livo Exhaust, sounds like they are the place to go..

i got a quote from bankstown mufflers but i think would be a dodgy job. $1000 for full tbe or $650 fr catback

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    i got a quote from bankstown mufflers but i think would be a dodgy job. $1000 for full tbe or $650 fr catback
    Friend had a bad experience there.

Personally I would go the tried and tested route, CPE/Corksport
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

haha yea hence y i sed "dodgy job" and im from the area lol

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicMPS View Post
    My car's a 6 but I'm going through the same process atm.

I have listened to the corksport on a mps3 and it sounded too harsh and loud to me, I want to keep my car as a sleeper.

I went to Liverpool to ask them for a quote and they had a mps3 on the hoist with a corksport exhaust, they were changing the mufflers to change the sound. That was the clincher for me. So I am considering Liverpool for now for a full custom job.

Also considering the CPE exhaust with one cat from mpsgarage.

I also went and saw Jim at Tunehouse in Marickville. They use HKS stuff to custom make the exhaust. I saw and listened to one they had there, build quality was excellent and so was the sound. I am waiting for that quote as it was a big list of mods and they are putting it together for me.

I wonder how much Jim will charge you on the HKS exhaust. Given the current exchange rate, and Tunehous's labor is not cheap. I think the HKS stuff will be very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMPS View Post
    I wonder how much Jim will charge you on the HKS exhaust. Given the current exchange rate, and Tunehous's labor is not cheap. I think the HKS stuff will be very expensive.
    He also uses other mufflers appart from HKS, so I asked for a quote for both.

I would love the HKS mufflers but as the plan is for quite a few mods and it all adds up, I may have to go with the cheaper mufflers. I'll wait and see what the final quote is for the lot and I'll go from there. I should be getting the quote in the next day or so, I'll let you know prices then.