User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: About VersaTuner Tuning Software

I was hoping to be back on the road this weekend to resume the tuning process. However during the install of my new rear axles it was discovered that the SURE Dreadnaught diff brace is bent and the diff is misaligned. So the waiting continues.

Totally off topic Mal, but why?
    What made/how did diff move and the brace bend?

Too much power I suppose. The diff mount is bent on the left side, so I'd presume it's a torque reaction that bent it.

Ouch.

Thats a chunky bit of metal to bend Mal.

Ow Mal

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve VersaTune View Post
    What flange? K04 or T3? Make sure you have an adequate wastegate or you will have boost creep problems like I did until I ported it. I really like the new GTX series from Garrett. They are spendy though.
    Straight bolt on, so its a K04 flanged iwg GT3071... MPS2NV's actually...

Lex from perm is tuning a stock block 3 from Sweden atm on msf using vetsatune who's running the same (effectively) equipment as I am, and he's making gobs of torque and a solid 360whp on virtual dyno... at about 21-22 psi... which is what I would be happy with, at least initially

Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

8. Default

You'll have no problem hitting 360 WHP with that turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Straight bolt on, so its a K04 flanged iwg GT3071... MPS2NV's actually...

Lex from perm is tuning a stock block 3 from Sweden atm on msf using vetsatune who's running the same (effectively) equipment as I am, and he's making gobs of torque and a solid 360whp on virtual dyno... at about 21-22 psi... which is what I would be happy with, at least initially

I'm "Lex" on the other forums and I am tuning Jonatan's car. He's making solid power with his setup with a good spool profile. Of course traction is an issue - and lately it appears his clutch has started to slip. It's a slippery slope when it comes to power (no pun intended)
    Custom MazdaSpeed/Mazda MPS Tuning - VersaTune and COBB

Hey folks,

have just installed versatuner today on my mps3. have loaded a base tune.

Any advice on logging so I can make sure it's all running correctly before making any changes?

11. Default

Make sure your MAF calibration is right. You can find the procedure here.

What mods do you have and what is your tuning goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve VersaTune View Post
    From an ECU standpoint, the Gen II is a totally different beast from the ground up. We are making good progress on it, but we don't have an exact release date set yet.
    Gen 2 loving yet?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

13. Default

Not yet. We're still working on it full throttle.

How are you guys progressing Steve?

Any updates on releases or software advances?

15. Default

No news yet. We're making progress though.

16. Default

I was looking at the website and it says you need a J2534 PassThru device to use Versatuner. The product recommended, however, is worth around $160. But it seems this product has some ecu reflashing capabilities built in... Don't you just need a cable to use versatuner? Why would I spend all this money on something to do precisely what I want Versatuner to do?

17. Default

Any J2534 compliant vehicle interface has a certain amount of intelligence to it. It manages the CAN bus communications between a PC and the ECU. It is more than just a set of wires and connectors. It has a microcontroller running embedded firmware, but it can not reflash an ECU by itself. VersaTuner does more than just reflash the ECU. It allows you to access an online tune database, edit tunes, flash tunes, read, clear, and mask DTCs, datalog, graph recorded logs, etc.

Consider the pass-through device the tool which versatuner uses to change the ECU code.

Versatuner is software that runs on a laptop. A laptop without the pass through device has no means of accessing and modifying your car's ECU.

To draw an analogy; A spanner is the means of tightening a nut, but without the intelligence of *how* to tighten a nut, that the person using the spanner provides, the spanner is just a lump of iron.

19. Default

ok that makes sense, cheers guys =]

Hi @Steve VersaTune, is there any plans for VT software releases for more recent mx5, non mps models 2,3,6 and diesels in the mazda range?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast