User Tag List

Thread: Hello from VersaTune

1. Default Hello from VersaTune

Hello OZMPSClub!

On behalf of everyone at VersaTune, I want to say a big hello to everyone at OZMPSClub. VersaTune is proud to be a sponsor of this great MPS forum.
    MPS owners in OZ have waited too long for a full featured tuning solution. Please check out what VersaTuner has to offer. Do not hesitate to post here or contact us with any questions you may have.

Thank you,

Steve
    Last edited by Steve VersaTune; 14-12-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Welcome to the Forum

Hi Steve/VersaTune!

Firstly, Welcome to the forum, great to have more and more options available for our cars.

Secondly, I currently have an EcuTek tune on my car, would this prevent VersaTune from working or can it work in conjunction? Or would the EcuTek tune need to be removed before we could custom tune the car?

Thanks for your help!

Adam

4. Default

Thanks for the warm welcome

VersaTuner does not work in conjunction with EcuTek. VersaTuner replaces the entire tune on your car. Basically, if the dealer can overwrite EcuTek, so can we. If it's locked, then you would need to have the EcuTek tuner remove it prior to installing VersaTuner. I have not had that answered definitively by others who have removed EcuTek. I will ask and find out for you.

Hi and Welcome Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Great to see so many new tuning options becoming available for us down here.

HI Steve and welcome

Welcome aboard Steve.

Really appreciate you lot extending your tuning solution into the Australian market

Welcome to the forum. Having a read through your versa tuner forum and replies, people seem very happy with the end result and tech support you guys offers is pretty awesome. When it comes time for a new tune I may give your program a go

10. Cool

I would like to say hello to everybody. My name is Ugnius and I am the lead developer of VersaTuner software. So if you have any application-related questions, comments, feature requests, bug reports, etc., please let me know!

Hi and Welcome Ugnius,

Thank you both for making yourselves available

Dan

welcome to ozmps

Quote Originally Posted by Ugnius VersaTune View Post
    I would like to say hello to everybody. My name is Ugnius and I am the lead developer of VersaTuner software. So if you have any application-related questions, comments, feature requests, bug reports, etc., please let me know!
    Do you reckon it will work ok on a Mac running Windows 7 in VMware using USB-passthrough?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tomo89aus View Post
    Do you reckon it will work ok on a Mac running Windows 7 in VMware using USB-passthrough?
    This configuration has never been tested. If you would like to test it, we can send you a little app.
    We have one beta tester using VersaTuner on Windows 7 running on a Mac with BootCamp. He had some flashing issues, but we haven't been able to determine the exact cause of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugnius VersaTune View Post
    We have one beta tester using VersaTuner on Windows 7 running on a Mac with BootCamp. He had some flashing issues, but we haven't been able to determine the exact cause of those.
    Wouldn't have thought the fact its Mac hardware would have anything to do with it so long as Windows is installed correctly with the correct drivers. Weird...

I'm happy to run a test for you in VMWare but I don't have an ODBII USB cable yet.

16. Default

It appears that the issues with the other person using a Mac were due to a poor connection to the OBD-II port. After installing an extension cable with a better connector, the issues are gone.
    Last edited by Steve VersaTune; 22-12-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Steve, tell Ugnius to answer his PM's lol.