User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrx vs mps

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Quite a lot actually...

I can excuse a wrx with terrible wheels, obnoxious bov's and ridiculous bodykits if it's a chick - Always love seeing women with an interest in cars.
    nope... bad taste in cars is bad... no matter the gender of it's owner...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

After owning an MPS (GenII) ... The WRX to me is a much more refined car, I find it more enjoyable to drive, quick and AWD is amazing. Tuck it into corners & in the wet etc.

195kw / 343 nm ... yes down a bit on torque, but really, hardly noticeable. My GenII was dyno'd at 180.4 / 420nm... It feels slower compared to the WRX. Not bashing the MPS. Both vehicles have their pro's & con's.

...If only the WRX had Bluetooth audio streaming. Although, happy with the sunroof, 7" touch screen navigation/audio system & the stock exhaust note.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

6 mps ftw!

The latest Wrx sedan looks awesome in black and blue for that matter. IMO. In three years I might get one

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

If I were car-less, I'd be seriously considering a current WRX in that pearl white. Postie's looks unreal and a guy at work has the same. Sounds insane too for a stocker. Granted the interior may not be as appealing as say the Mazda's, but on balance I know where my money would go.

Actually, I'd have a bloody short list of candidate cars as I'm not liking the directions the major Asian brands have been taking in recent times. Mazda and Honda in particular seem to be gearing towards fuel efficiency at possible cost of performance, and sports car offerings are dwindling. Not sure about Nissan, but even their top performers are $$$.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

The only new car I would be even thinking about personally at the moment in and around this budget is the Subaru BZR/ Toyota 86. Very excited about that...
    And SpasticOne - I don't agree. A girl with bad taste can be shown good taste. A girl with no interest in cars is very hard to interest in cars. Since you spend such a vast percentage of your overall life in cars, you might as well enjoy the things, which is why I like to encourage any girls to take an interest in them.

Having just (about two weeks ago) test driven a WRX, as friend is looking at buying one and he wanted my option.

I was glade to say that I did not go dame should have purchased the WRX.

The only thing I liked over my car was the noise but saying that I was looking for 6th (which it lacks) on the freeway to quieten it down and make it better cruiser.

I think a drive from Melbourne to Sdyney would be a lot more comfortable in my car.

It was quick and you can see that by looking in your minor, but did not appear to have the kick feel that my car has and I love.

As I told my friend the wrx will do what you ask of it without issue and without complaining (which I found a little boring) where the MPS might sometimes tell you off but it feels a bit more a live.

Also to get a WRX close to the equipment level of an MPS you need to spend alot more money.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    And SpasticOne - I don't agree.
    SpasticOne

Also I still dont understand what any of this WRX vs MPS thing has anything to do with wether more females drive them or not ... and women are not some animal that can be trained to like a certain type of car or styling ... they make up their own minds what they like and what they choose to drive. You most likely see more women driving WRX's than MPS's as there are many many more WRX's on the road so statistics governs you will see more ... but it really has no signifcance in any of this discussion
    Last edited by blackbetty; 14-12-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

^^^ lol, I do apologise for that, was a total slip of the mind - not a dig at ya at all...
    But lol.

And yeah I'm not saying that in any sort of anti-women derogitory way at all.. I just like seeing girls with an interest in cars, to shoot them (or anyone) down due to poor taste just leaves you with one less enthusiast at the end of the day.

If anything is a girls car, its a DSG Golf GTI.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Also I still dont understand what any of this WRX vs MPS thing has anything to do with wether more females drive them or not ... and women are not some animal that can be trained to like a certain type of car or styling ... they make up their own minds what they like and what they choose to drive. You most likely see more women driving WRX's than MPS's as there are many many more WRX's on the road so statistics governs you will see more ... but it really has no signifcance in any of this discussion
    Brett's been trying to train you for years Mel

/runs

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

like fk, I gave up long ago. lol I just grab the Jesus bar and hold tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Brett's been trying to train you for years Mel

/runs

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    like fk, I gave up long ago. lol I just grab the Jesus bar and hold tight.
    You grab his what? The lines are a bit blurred on this one, but I think that might be a sin...

ROFL!!! I almost spat my tea out you B&stardo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    You grab his what? The lines are a bit blurred on this one, but I think that might be a sin...

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    If anything is a girls car, its a DSG Golf GTI.
    +1. How's the new car Dan....? hehe

Bwahaha like I care

And it's awesome, thanks for asking

Fundamentally I have grown to detest boxer engines. I hate the sound, the balance and vibration cycle, and the access. Talk about taking a starter motor and building an entire car around it to make sure you can't get at the motor when you want to do any actual servicing! Bearing in mind one of my first cars was a Jowett Javelin, from which Subaru derived the concept, and which I enjoyed. But at least the Jowett had a decent engine bay, made it easy to access the cylinders and plugs, had a sub-frame to drop the engine out on, huge ground clearance and 16" wheels. Boxer layout is a daft configuration for an "off-road" oriented vehicle such as the Subaru Forester or Outback, as the plugs are the first thing to get doused in a creek crossing, while the engine gets filthy with mud in rough going. Look at a WRX engine and it looks like some kid or a demented kitten got a ball of wool, messed around with it a lot, then stood on it to get it all to fit under the bonnet and then slammed the lid shut before it could all explode out again. VW Beetles and Porsches both sound like washing machines and Subarus don't sound much better, being only slightly improved by the addition of a water jacket to act as a silencer.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    With the Gen 2, out of Ultimate Racing, CP-e, Corksport and Magnaflow, I find magnaflow is the closest wrx sounding.
    Meant on a Gen 1 but sound good either way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12