User Tag List

Thread: Suspension Installers/Suppliers Melbourne

Default Suspension Installers/Suppliers Melbourne

Hi All

I have been looking around but can't find much regarding installers/suppliers of suspension parts in Melbourne
    I am looking for a shock and spring package as well as the whiteline sway bar package installed/supplied

Any recomendations in Melbourne that know what they are doing?

Thanks

When I had my springs done, I bought them separately and just had Donnellans in Box Hill install them and do a wheel alignment, tyre rotation etc. They weren't cheap though, so I wouldn't fall over myself to recommend them.

Am looking into getting a whiteline rear sway bar which I'll fit myself. Not doing the front, so it is a fairly easy job to do myself

Hey Slixx,
    Like Dan, i bought my springs seperately (Thanks Jeff @ Advancedspeed) and then got the boys from Protek Tyres & Wheels | 1 b Ferntree Gully Rd, Oakleigh VIC 3166.. P: (03) 9569 0834 to do the install and alignment. Very good job and reasonably priced i thought.
    I did the whole ring around prior to doing this and there aren't many places in South East Melbourne that stock springs and shocks for the MPS and so their prices were ridiculously expensive! $750 was the cheapest i found for just springs installed vs the under $500 i paid all up!
    Probably best to source the items you want (i.e from the U.S) and then get them installed locally.
    Either way.. Good luck with it all

Andrew

Horsepower Factory. Tell Matt I sent you...

I used Motorsport Essentials in Mulgrave to fit Eibach springs and Koni FSDs.

Very happy with service and result.

Cheers, Bruce

6. Default

Trutrack in north Melbourne they have a shock dyno and can corner balance your setup.

Approx how much are you guys paying for labour for shocks and springs installed?

My lhr shock has blown and I'm now looking at upgrading. Still trying to decide what is good. Was looking at the pedders coilovers but they are pricey at 1600 just for parts.

The bilstein/eibach setup sounds great but again, quite exxy!

Sorry guys but is there any threads here that compile and compare the available options and prices?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

City Suspension North Melbourne (bout 5-10mins from Vic Markets) by far the cheapest place ive had install my springs then coilovers - so so CHEAP install price. Can probably get Bilstein gear in if you give him part no.s but not sure what his hardware pricing is like.

Rear Sway easy to do in driveway. Front Sway i haven't tried but probably want a shop to do this - not sure if City Suspension offers this service.
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 30-04-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Protek are good, got my wheel alingment there after i installed coilovers.

HP-F would also be good, speak to Matt like Grajy said.

I currently use Arnpro in Croydon, awesome service and all the workers there are very interested in cars and very well run operation, speak to Cameron or John and tell them that James in the Red MPS forward you there info. I use them cause the close to me and just park car there in the morning and 2 min walk to station. Little $$$ i think but very good service and they won my trust the MPS has been there numerous times for little issues here and there things have always been sorted by them.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Centreline are one of the best. They do things the old school way! You know a shop is good when they own and built the fastest car around Phillip island.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shr3da View Post
    Centreline are one of the best. They do things the old school way! You know a shop is good when they own and built the fastest car around Phillip island.
    Another plus for centreline, chris has done all my suspension work on all my cars, the bloke knows his stuff
    Rides:
    2010 MPS 3 - Sold
    1974 Mazda RX3
    2009 Suzuki GSXR
    2010 Ducati Monster