User Tag List

Thread: 2008 Mazda 2 Neo problem?

Default 2008 Mazda 2 Neo problem?

Hey,

I was just driving home in the wifes mazda 2 when I noticed the gears weren't changing. I also noticed that there was no "D" on the dash indicating drive. It was definitely there when I started the car, and this seemed to have happened while i was driving. Has anyone experienced this before or heard of anything like this?

If so, please let me know sooner rather than later as warranty expires at the end of the month.

Just for the record, the problem went away when I pulled over and turned the car off, locked and back on again, but I'm curious to know whether its the start of something bigger, or possibly just a computer glitch.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi MPSjoe

I drove a manual 2008 Mazda2,not an auto, but... the one time that my DSC light came on -when I started it- and stayed on, the problem rectified itself when I turned the car off and restarted it. I put it down to an electrical glitch. Only happened the once. If the [D] light on your wife's 2 goes missing more than once you should definitely take it to your Mazda service centre and insist that it is checked. Sounds like a fuse of some sort??? Did you check the manual to see if the dash light has that fuse? Nothing worse than problems immediately out of warranty. I'd get it checked.