User Tag List

Thread: Intake!

JETMPS Guest

Default Intake!

Hi All

Fitted my SRI from Corksport last night but have a few issues.
    Was wondering if someone could help me out...

Car feels sluggish - Less powerful now. Is that supposed to be the case?

Also, my auto window does not open/close automatically now. Must be held up/down just like the rest of the windows.
    I am hoping that is just a fuse.

Appreciate anyones help in regards to these issues.

Thanks.

Guessing a hose is loose somewhere...

But with your window, hold the window button up for 5 seconds, should be good to go then

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JETMPS Guest

Thanks for that.

Will see how i go after work.

just a thought, did you change the BOV as well? Had a fellow MPSian change his BOV and Intake, and complained about no power/boost. turned out the BOV was screwed. Keep a std one or a high quality one if you have to go aftermarket. But if you havent changed the BOV, then yeah Possibly you may not have properly tightend a hose or something like that. just check for any wires you may have moved also, you may have a loose connection.

JETMPS Guest

No BOV was not changed. Will have to go over everything later today.

Thanks for the help so far. Definitely an interesting Friday night ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Guessing a hose is loose somewhere...

But with your window, hold the window button up for 5 seconds, should be good to go then

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Make sure the window is down, then put the window up but keep holding it up for 5 seconds, just to clear any confusion up

JETMPS Guest

Guys thanks! Window working now. I appreciate it.

Hopefully i can get the SRI working properly...

It probably works fine, just give the car some time to learn the new fuel trims. Don't expect it to be like hitting a nitrous switch just because you've changed intakes, you'll notice the noise more than the 'power'.

And this weekend stick your head under the bonnet and check your handiwork, clamps in particular (have a feel underneath where you can't see to see they're on properly).

---

Forgot to add, did you clean your MAF sensor too? If not, do that as well.
    Last edited by TD; 09-12-2011 at 12:37 PM.

is it just the SRI you put on? If so, theres more noise than performance to be had, its a much bigger filter and exposed in the bay aswell as the stock TiP is restrcitive. So the air its getting isnt "fresh" and down low it requires to "suck" the air more. The mid range should be a little better. For a better response and result consider the airbox corksport makes, i have that and i love it, and the inlet pipe which helps with response and spooling.

JETMPS Guest

Hi All

Checked all my connections and everything looks good.
    Also cleaned the MAF sensor.

Now to figure out what to do next!

Thanks very much to everyones help.
    Much appreciated.

Give it a week, might take the car sometime to respond to the change.

12. Default

Tried resetting the ECU ?

If the car feels sluggish, the first places I would look is at the fuel trims (LTFT) and check that they are not more than +/- 10% as well as boost levels at WOT - these should spike to ~17psi, hold a good 15-16 and then taper to 13-12 by redline on a standard car with a SRI.

The car should feel faster - not slower however.

What tools do you guys use to monitor the engine parameters in Australia? We have several devices - one of the most popular is the MSD Dashhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stratified View Post

What tools do you guys use to monitor the engine parameters in Australia? We have several devices - one of the most popular is the MSD Dashhawk.
    MSD DashHawk
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

JETMPS Guest

Hey Guys

Thankfully the car feels good now.

Out of curiosity, how do you reset the ECU?

Thanks to all that have helped.

Disconnect your battery, press brake pedal, give it a few mins then re-connect. Drive for about 40 miles, mostly town/city driving if possible to learn the fuel trims. Just going for a drive at 70mph is not 'best'. Up through the gears, gentle driving without going WOT would be best in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by kevstewart View Post
    Disconnect your battery, press brake pedal
    huh ? why would pressing the brake pedal influence the ecu when the battery is disconnected? for give my ingnorance here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dices View Post
    huh ? why would pressing the brake pedal influence the ecu when the battery is disconnected? for give my ingnorance here.
    Gets rid of the residual power in the electrical system, easiest and safest way to do it. When the brake lights don't shine all the power is gone.