User Tag List

Thread: new to the scene ;)

Default new to the scene ;)

hellllllooooo fellow mps's

so ive been looking through these forums for the past couple of days for about 8hrs a day lol basically my whole day at work... anyway good information on here...

so to the point now, basically in the next 2 months work is giving me a car allowance and obviously im getting a mps3 i havent got the patience to wait though i just want one now lol.....
    anyway work requires me to get a 4 door and something no older than 4 years... so this is where all use help me out hehehe, i can get either the Gen 1 2008 model or Gen 2 2009 model.... the dillema is, i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of the Gen 2's the front of the car just looks like its smiling at me BUT from what i've read on this forum i've herd that the Gen 1 is quicker or feels quicker has more torque steer and i want that iswell so i dont kno which one to head towards... is it a big diffrence in the 'feel' of power between the 2 cars?

anyway im from melb. south eastern side.. hope to go for a lil cruiseee with all you melbournians once i get the freakin car!!!! and yeah

Welcome,

Gen 1 stock vs a Gen 2 stock is not quicker.

The gen 2 just puts its power down differently.

I have never driven a Gen 1 (MPS) so really compare the two.

Just drive both and see which one you like best. You can not go wrong with either one.

I think the GEN 2 manages to put its power down a bit better then the GEN 1 but since it does that it feels more tame and slower but in reality it's just a quick if not better due to wider tyres from factory.

If your interested in this, the GEN 2 would have a more kit then the GEN 1 and a little more modern inside, but imo the Gen 1 has better seats for daily driving there more comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I think the GEN 2 manages to put its power down a bit better then the GEN 1 but since it does that it feels more tame and slower but in reality it's just a quick if not better due to wider tyres from factory.

If your interested in this, the GEN 2 would have a more kit then the GEN 1 and a little more modern inside, but imo the Gen 1 has better seats for daily driving there more comfortable
    This ^

Hi and Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Welcome to the forum, it wouldn't matter which MPS you got there the best value bang for your buck car you can have, good luck with your search.

Welcome to ozmps... either gen 1 or 2.. you have made a wise decision

Thank you all in your reply's..
    Yeah well im searching all day long for the right one hehe and i still havent even got my work car allowence yet hehe.. im coming from a mercedes 2 door way way way too low and 20inch rims so at the moment im looking for a comfortable ride hehe so ill have to sit in the Gen 1 and see how comfortable it actually is i doubt it would be much more comfortable then the Gen 2 as the Gen 2 is newer.
    every car ive had ive either chopped the springs or proffesionally lowered it this time around i dont think im going to touch the mps due to the comfortability of the ride and anyway they sit nicely. engine wise most likely just leave it unless there a mod i can do that won't cost much and give me lots of power heheh so if anyway can help me in that field would be appreciated.
    I geusse now all thats left is to test drive both Gen 1 and 2 and ee which one i prefer, i like luxtery cars so in that perspective im leaning to the Gen 2, but ill see what happens..

Thanks again and hope to be writing up more posts when i actually get one and see use around.

If you are already this excited about getting an MPS, I'm thinking it could be dangerous for your well being once you actually get one

BTW when it comes to the seats...newer doesnt necessarily mean better so many Gen2 owners would prefer the Gen1 seats...but with all the other improvements made to the Gen2 over the Gen1 i think you'll be happy to put up with the average seats

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    Thank you all in your reply's..
    Yeah well im searching all day long for the right one hehe and i still havent even got my work car allowence yet hehe.. im coming from a mercedes 2 door way way way too low and 20inch rims so at the moment im looking for a comfortable ride hehe so ill have to sit in the Gen 1 and see how comfortable it actually is i doubt it would be much more comfortable then the Gen 2 as the Gen 2 is newer.
    every car ive had ive either chopped the springs or proffesionally lowered it this time around i dont think im going to touch the mps due to the comfortability of the ride and anyway they sit nicely. engine wise most likely just leave it unless there a mod i can do that won't cost much and give me lots of power heheh so if anyway can help me in that field would be appreciated.
    I geusse now all thats left is to test drive both Gen 1 and 2 and ee which one i prefer, i like luxtery cars so in that perspective im leaning to the Gen 2, but ill see what happens..

Thanks again and hope to be writing up more posts when i actually get one and see use around.
    You can get eibach progressive springs which are lower and more comfortable then the stock springs due to stock being a linear spring, that with Koni FSD on a soft setting would be more comfortable with similar handling.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    If you are already this excited about getting an MPS, I'm thinking it could be dangerous for your well being once you actually get one

BTW when it comes to the seats...newer doesnt necessarily mean better so many Gen2 owners would prefer the Gen1 seats...but with all the other improvements made to the Gen2 over the Gen1 i think you'll be happy to put up with the average seats
    What missy said
    The suspension in a gen2 is much nicer...
    The difference in "rawness" is often due to a massive boost spike that seems to appear more often in a gen 1 than a 2. They also have shorter gearing.

At the end of the day, depends if you like speed holes or not

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings