User Tag List

Thread: Car and Driver reveals its 2012 10Best cars [w/video]

Default Car and Driver reveals its 2012 10Best cars [w/video]

Filed under: Convertible, Coupe, Sedan, Hatchback, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Ford, Honda, Mazda, Porsche, Volkswagen

Every year, the scribes at Car and Driver go through every new vehicle on sale and pick the ten best cars currently on sale here in the United States. And while some major automotive awards are only shelled out to vehicles that are all-new or significantly updated for a certain model year, C/D's approach is to look at the full scope of vehicles on sale. After all, there are some cars that are simply perennial favorites, even if they haven't changed year over year.

For 2012, the Chevrolet Volt and Hyundai Sonata have fallen off the list to make room for the Audi A7 and Ford Focus. The other eight vehicles that round out the 10Best list have carried over from the 2011 winners, but we can't say we're surprised. These ten cars indeed represent some of the best vehicles on sale today.

The 2012 Car and Driver 10Best winners are:
    Head over to Car and Driver to read the full 10Best roundup, and follow the jump to see a video of this year's winning fleet, then check in to Comments to share your thoughts on C/D's list.Continue reading Car and Driver reveals its 2012 10Best cars [w/video]
    Car and Driver reveals its 2012 10Best cars [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

No Holden?

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    No Holden?
    American...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Umm actually yes. Cadillac. Basically a Holden.
    GMH did the chassis and suspension on them.

My question is, why the mustang?
    What a POS car compared to others of its type.
    Didn't they test any other car?

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    My question is, why the mustang?
    What a POS car compared to others of its type.
    Didn't they test any other car?
    Americans....*shakes head*

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...oss-302-page-6
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I bet the meeting went more like this....

"Oh crap Billy Bob, we only have cars made by these funny named places I've not heard of, apparently there are other countries, who knew?
    Anyway, we better put some American cars on the cover or we won't sell any magazines"
    Then they all started chanting USA USA USA F**K YEAH!

ok, i totally agree on the CTS-V being in the top 10...
    here's the proof:

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------