User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen II fuel usage gone to shit

Default Gen II fuel usage gone to shit

hey guys

Got a '10 Gen II, CP-e Cold air intake and hypertech tune

When i usually fill her up distance to empty shows around 680ks or so ( i dont usually get this much due to how i drive)

edit: problem was solved with mazda putting an ecu update into the car thanks guys, sorry fior me taking so long to get back here
    Last edited by buzurk; 27-05-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Did you happen to wash the engine bay also?

Sounds like maybe some water somehow got where it shouldn't be

Maybe try an ECU reset?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

No didn't pop bonnet at all weird

Where does your cold air intake draw its feed from? My guess is you got some water on your air filter, the bogging down feeling would have been the the air trying to get through the wet/damp filter.

Check your air filter for cleanliness and clean your MAF sensor, that's where I'd be starting. If your air filter can be cleaned (i.e. AEM dryflow or an oiled K&N), do that too, but remember it will take a while to fully dry so don't put it back on damp or you'll be back where you started
    Last edited by TD; 07-12-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Bad grammar :p

I have the same CPE air intake and this happened once when I sprayed hard close to the air filter. Bogged down for a while and then was ok after it dried out. Same as above replace the filter if you are not sure and clean the MAF sensor. Let the MAF dry properly when you do it.

Anyone going to Calder on the 17th of this month? Weather permitted I will see you there. MUST break into the 13's. Feel my top end is much better after the resonator delete and 3" replacement plus the ECUTEK tune and a new greddy BPV. Boost is holding harder at top around 17.5-18PSI.

I have a feeling prolly pod filter or MAF sensor.

680???wtf thats better than me...my best is 585...avg is 530 using BP ultimate.

I get 630 ks when i fill up and 550ks after a few full throttle blasts i get 450-500 no matter how i drive ( well wthin reason)

gen 1 300ks-500max

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

i say take the Flash off, reset the ecu and than put flach back on. not sure what it could be if you washed the car lots of posiblities

i get closer to 600 km's in my gen 1. i got a bit of a freak one maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    i get closer to 600 km's in my gen 1. i got a bit of a freak one maybe.
    Might be my driven
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I've never got under 450k's even with a 1/2 day on the track in a gen 1, always averaged around 630k's with a 55ltr tank in the Gen1 and the best from Bathurst to Brisbane with a fully loaded car was 720k's and only taking 49.7ltrs to fully fill it until the fuel was overflowing..... I put it down to a good tune.....

Wtf how do ppl get rediculouly good mileage? I get about 350 - 400km before the light comes on. Or r u guys quoting until empty?

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    Wtf how do ppl get rediculouly good mileage? I get about 350 - 400km before the light comes on. Or r u guys quoting until empty?
    No idea, but in Sydney I never get over 350 for 40+liters

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

In my Gen II I normally get 400 around town and that is being fairly lead foolish. I managed to get 460 last week and had 2 bars left before filling up.

I just have an SRI on my car.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I've never got under 450k's even with a 1/2 day on the track in a gen 1, always averaged around 630k's with a 55ltr tank in the Gen1 and the best from Bathurst to Brisbane with a fully loaded car was 720k's and only taking 49.7ltrs to fully fill it until the fuel was overflowing..... I put it down to a good tune.....
    Would be good to see your AFRs
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Our gen 1 averages around the 550-600 mark and thats wish my spirited weekend blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Would be good to see your AFRs

This was my last Dyno on the MPS Dyno day on a wet moist day at 14.5PSI and we were having trouble to run it on 18PSI for wheel spin on the Dyno.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    In my Gen II I normally get 400 around town and that is being fairly lead foolish. I managed to get 460 last week and had 2 bars left before filling up.

I just have an SRI on my car.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    ^^ This for me too, usually lucky to get to 400 though, and mine is stock.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

What ever happen to 9.9ltrs per 100 from a 60ltr tank?????????

Gotta agree with Gen 1 owners. I'll always get 500km - 560km on a tank yes that's after lights on tho otherwise bout 480km with a tune always pretty much running 18psi

Easiest way to tune in economy to the MZR motor is to advance timing at low rpm (up to 3000rpm), but the trade off from this is increased risk of knock. Substantial economy gains can be made this way, but I'm not sure how many tuners are doing this here in Oz.

Clean MAF and O2 sensors also help maintain decent economy, if either one is dirty (more likely to be O2 due to location), then you will use more fuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast