As some of you might already know, last week I was given the opportunity to take on the task of testing out a brand spanking new Cobb SF SRI with the exception that I write an honest review on my personal opinion of the product. So I’ve divided it up into a few different topics below to help make it an easier read – so hope my review is helpful to someone and of course, if there is any questions feel free to ask!

First Impressions
When I first got the piece of Cobb gear into my hands I’ve got to say that I was actually really impressed with the quality, reason being because every piece seemed to be made so well and as soon as I saw it I couldn’t wait to see how it performed on the car!

Before and After - Dyno Results
The day I received the SRI was the day a few of the NSW members attended a dyno day at Tunehouse in Marrickville so it was going to be the perfect chance to throw the SRI on to see what sort of results could be achieved!

First run on the dyno saw some results that were lower then what I was expecting but Jim @ Tunehouse said that there seemed to be an issue like it was leaning out. The MPS3 pushed out a figure of 145kw and 309nm.

So then it came time to throw the SRI on – which I would like to thank the Tunehouse boys for doing it quickly while the car was still sitting on the dyno. So off she went for the second run and managed to push out 163kw and 310nm – an extra 18kw! Needless to say, I was pretty happy with that result.

Day to Day
The first thing I noticed, and I was told this would happen, was my fuel consumption sky rocketing! This was mainly due to the noise that was created when the MPS3 was on boost, highly addictive. The vocals created are just plain awesome. All in all it made day to day driving more enjoyable – that’s for sure.

With the missus driving the car regularly as well, I was intrigued to see whether she noticed a difference and if she liked it. After last week of driving around, mainly mixed city and freeway driving she told me that she likes the extra ‘zippyness’ but not too fussed on the noise produced . On top of this, she thinks it seems to get some extra km’s out of a tank over the freeway trip but I’m yet to confirm this!

Conclusion

So I suppose the big question is, if I had the chance again, would I purchase the Cobb SF SRI or go for another brand. I am happy to say I would stick with the Cobb – and after being pretty impressed with the quality, I’ve got no doubt that down the track I’ll be adding some more Cobb gear to suit! The only disappointment with the unit is the fact that rubber washer are not provided for the mounting on the battery tray – apparently guys from the US have had issues with cracking the tray because of this. I’ve got to say though, trying to find any negatives with this unit is hard!!!