User Tag List

Thread: Mazda6 coupe coming?

Default Mazda6 coupe coming?

Filed under: Coupe, Mazda, Rumormill

The web has fired up an interesting bit of rumor concerning the next-generation Mazda6. British auto magazine WhatCar? reports that a shadowy senior official within the Japanese automaker has confirmed that a coupe version will bow after the current sedan's successor debuts in a little over a year.

The 2013 Mazda6 is set to hit the market in January 2013, and WhatCar? reports that the coupe version may not touch down until 2014 or later. That's a long, long way off, and there's no guarantee that, even if the model becomes a reality, it will be sold in the States. All of which means we're taking this one with a Mazda6-sized grain of salt.

Still, WhatCar? reports the coupe version of the Mazda6 will make use of the same SkyActiv tech found in the four-door, including a weight-saving design, small displacement engines with forced-induction and new transmissions. Still, we like the sound of an attractive two-door designed to give the Honda Accord Coupe and Nissan Altima two-door some competition, especially if it comes packing excellent fuel economy.Mazda6 coupe coming? originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

2.0L is a bit small for a big car. Looks cool though (the little concept pic) AWD turbo would be cool for the coupe

Return of the MX6?

Looks like it, although that was V6 right?

New release of mx6 - hell yeah !

Quote Originally Posted by RED3VIL View Post
    New release of mx6 - hell yeah !
    Hopefully it's not as awful as an mx6...

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Looks like it, although that was V6 right?
    They made a MX6 turbo coupe i test drove in the 90's was ok but no where near has good as the current turbo's and if I recall they were awd.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    They made a MX6 turbo coupe i test drove in the 90's was ok but no where near has good as the current turbo's and if I recall they were awd.
    they were 4WS - four wheel steer, not AWD. Both the early turbo model and later V6 were quite good cars for the era

Blog Entries

If they do a mazda 6 coupe without going the extra mile and giving us a performance model to go with the looks, there's a better chance I'll give mazda the flick and go something else. Seriously. would you build a mazda 6 coupe and not try to capture any performance market. Answer : because you care more about appearances than the substance of zoom zoom.

Aw, but - nothing. Where's the MPS 6 halo? Get off your arses and build it. Stop wasting the development budget building overweight versions for the US market.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    The MX-6 (Gen1) turbo coupe that I traded in on the MPS was awesome! Selected ones were 4WS, not AWD.

It had 355k KM's on the clock, no LSD, no traction control, and 4 knackered struts... and it would still hold a VT ClubSport in a straight line, and could get around corners almost as quick as the MPS 6...

Low, light and nimble in a way that only a 1200KG car can be... If you added the drivetrain out of an MPS 6...

I only got rid of mine because all the rubber pieces under the bonnet had started to die, and I was spending every weekend fixing little split hoses... That and tha fact that it was FWD had always annoyed me.

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

I agree about bringing back the mps 6 i want to buy a new 6 but dnt want to spend the money on redoing the engine so i can put a turbo on and i want a awd still