User Tag List

Thread: gearbox shifter seal leak

1. Default gearbox shifter seal leak

Hi guys i have a mazda 6 mps that has a gear shifer seal leak, dont think this leak is very common in our cars as i have rang many mazda delerships, and none have had any experience with this type of leak, they tell me that the gearbox needs to be removed to replace the seal, the part(seal) is worth 12 dollars the labour cost are as low as $850 dollars the seal is located under the air box, and seems like there easy access from the top to remove the shart and replace the seal, any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated by the way im looking for a good mazda mechanic in melbourne northern suburbs cheers paul

Pictures. Are you referring to the red boot, where the gear selector fork goes into the gear box?

You're talking about where the selector input goes into the box - mine has the exact same leak.
    I'm employing the "not giving a single ****" technique for the time being, but will be on the hoist later in the week, so I'll assess it better then...

4. Default

Thanks mad aussie and duk, yes thats the same problem ive got, I have been told not to worry about it, just check the gearbox oil level when i change my engine oil, still unsure why its leaking maybe the breathers blocked. Madaussie if you find out more can you please let me know thanks again for the quick reply