User Tag List

Thread: Mazda Takeri concept wows Tokyo Big Sight

Default Mazda Takeri concept wows Tokyo Big Sight

Filed under: Concept Cars, Sedan, Japan, Tokyo Motor Show, Mazda, Design/Style, Diesel

Mazda has just taken the wraps off of its new concept sedan, the Takeri, at its display stand here at the Tokyo Big Sight expo hall (honest, that's what it's called). The C/D-sized concept sedan furthers Mazda's Kodo 'Soul of Motion' design language while hinting at the next Mazda6.

Predictably, the Takeri (derived from the Japanese word for "Male") is equipped with a full slate of Skyactiv features, including Mazda's new Skyactiv-D clean diesel - a version of which we recently fell in love with in the CX-5 crossover - and a new i-ELOOP regenerative braking system.

In person, The Takeri offers a very attractive shape, with traditional Mazda cues including a prominent hexagonal grille (we particularly like the subtle matte metal element that links the grille to the headlamps) and short overhangs. More importantly, the showcar appears to be a production-friendly shape if you discount items like the showcar mirrors, slightly oversized 20-inch wheels and raise the roofline by an inch or two. Given the Mazda6's slow sales pace, a successor can't get here soon enough.

For more details, check out our high-res image gallery or click on the jump to read the official press release.Continue reading Mazda Takeri concept wows Tokyo Big Sight
    Mazda Takeri concept wows Tokyo Big Sight originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

God damn that's a pretty car.

i agree
    sports car version please

MPS 3, Gen III please!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    MPS 3, Gen III please!!!!!!!!!
    Nope, nope, nope. RWD, 20b turbo k.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Nope, nope, nope. RWD, 20b turbo k.
    Either 13b turbo or 20b N/A imo
    Both is asking a bit much of the rotary engine, unless Mazda has made a massive leap forward in technology...

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

also, this looks nice as well:
    Subaru's sporty wagon concept | Toyko motor show | Drive.com.au
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

That subi is digusting!

MPS3 Gen III, it is due next year right? right?! right?!

Mazda are aiming to drop 100kg's off all upcoming models, if they bring out a new MPS with Shinari styling that weighs 100kg's less then holy shit, that's going to rule.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Either 13b turbo or 20b N/A imo
    Both is asking a bit much of the rotary engine, unless Mazda has made a massive leap forward in technology...

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

also, this looks nice as well:
    Subaru's sporty wagon concept | Toyko motor show | Drive.com.au
    Errrm... next....!!!

Subaru's designers all seem to be out to lunch or away with the fairies and borrowing styling cues from almost any other manufacturer that has a half decent product, unfortunately they can't seem to meld it all together into something half way decent.

Nevermind, Shinari looks shi---nari hot, hope they put the right drivetrain in this (MPS AWD platform would be nice)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

10. Default

Chums, Any requests of a particular detail on any cars at the TMS 2011?

I'm headed there on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lardman View Post

Pics of jap car chix?

12. Default

Oh, there'll be a lot of that. Guaranteed.

So jealous! Link me to gallery when you get a chance please

Yep, the Takeri looks nice. I'd love to see an AWD sports version a la MPS6, turboed, +225Kw and with DSG and paddle shift. Mazda seem to have got themselves a good design department now, with some nice original thinking, having got shot of the dreadful Ford influence. I don't think Ford ever designed anything that looked balanced or even moderately pleasing, apart from the GT40.

I also agree re current Subi designs - they all look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! Worse still, their Tribeca climbed back up for a second go.....
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Lardman View Post

too late but lexus gs 350 sport?

16. Default

I think I took a few of it. Tail lights were very very much BMW styled. Very nice car though, takes cues from the Toyota Crown and looks very upmarket.