User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My MPS is being traded in and is being demodded! Cheap bits here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    i believe they are the rx8 GT 18x8 +50 offset
    not GT, would have grabbed them by now if they were
    they're series 1 RX8
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    The only person I'll be visiting is Guy Harding at Harding Performance, getting an APR Stage 1 tune and that's it.
    Let me know when you are ready, I'll have a little whisper in their ear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by IceValk85 View Post
    go drive a FG XR6T falcon, with the zf6spd gearbox.... they eat golfs and MPS for lunch 270kw, 570NM..... probably same price range as what your looking too.

Ice
    They aren't all that great I've got footage to prove that.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Let me know when you are ready, I'll have a little whisper in their ear for you.
    Thanks Troy, really appreciate that.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hey mate any extra details on what type of RX-8 Wheels they are? Weights and width?

Thanks James
    Hi James,

They're the Series 1 RX8 wheels, 18x8 +50. Definitely lighter than the MPS wheels but can't recall the weight off the top of my head. The tyre place guys even commented when switching the tyres over, that's how much of a difference you can feel. They're a great mod for any MPS.

Pm sent

The RX8 wheels weigh approx 11kg each (from memory) and the Gen 1 rims weigh approx 500g more.

How about the Gen II rims? Theyre probably about the same, only the Rx8 ones are half an inch wider.

7. Default

and you can legally put 235 wide tyres on them ... bonus ... many more tyre options and a lot cheaper then 215 and 225's ... def worth snapping them up someone

FMIC sold subject to receipt of payment.

I'll track down my records of all the wheel weights too, I did weigh them when they were off the car, I seem to recall 9.8kg for the RX8 rims, and about a kg heavier for the MPS wheels.

FMIC officially sold. Everything else still available.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    The only person I'll be visiting is Guy Harding at Harding Performance, getting an APR Stage 1 tune and that's it.

I'm not fcuking with this car like I did the MPS
    Congrats Dan, what impresses me (and clients I tend to drive around sometimes) about the Golf is that the interior quality is as good as many more expensive marques and the very smooth driveability in day to day conditions traffic etc Plus it seats 4 adults no problems and the boot is reasonable. Then when you open her up it makes you smile as much as a Gen II MPS

I'm considering a Stage 1 tune as well, I reckon that's all they need (well the R anyways!)

Good luck with the sale of the bits Dan
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Good choice on the GTI Dan, hopefully i'll have one as a daily in a year or so when my bank account recovers.
    Good luck with the sale , the RX-8 wheels look great on the MPS6 also.
    Cheers Todd

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Congrats Dan, what impresses me (and clients I tend to drive around sometimes) about the Golf is that the interior quality is as good as many more expensive marques and the very smooth driveability in day to day conditions traffic etc Plus it seats 4 adults no problems and the boot is reasonable. Then when you open her up it makes you smile as much as a Gen II MPS

I'm considering a Stage 1 tune as well, I reckon that's all they need (well the R anyways!)

Good luck with the sale of the bits Dan
    Very true, the interior on the golf is unreal + body kits for them OMG euro tuners are unreal. I stayed with the mps cuz i know the cars now very well ...

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Forgot to mension.... If your into SQ Audio the speaker location on the Golf is great for front staging

Sorry Dan back to selling
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Agreed on the interior of the Golf, it's a very nice place to be. The MPS has been fun, but I screwed it by doing to much to it and expecting to be my daily.

Oh, buy my bits! If there's anything you're unsure about with price or whatever just drop me a line. Better they go to a club member than be left on the car.

I have done more to mine than you did with your TD....but i havent screwed it

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I have done more to mine than you did with your TD....but i havent screwed it
    Different strokes for different folks.

Do the Tip and SRI fit on the MPS6?

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Do the Tip and SRI fit on the MPS6?

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
    Yes.
    The TIP, definately
    The SRI may require mount modifications.

Car is being handed over Wednesday or Thursday. I'm removing bits off it tomorrow (until I get bored with doing it), so if there's anything specific you want here's your opportunity to grab it before it goes with the car.

Can you pls pm me some pics on the bpv?

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

What suburb of Brisbane are you at because Im interested in the corksport sri

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast