User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II

Default Mazda 3 MPS Gen II

Just wandering what the differences between the MPS and the MPS LUXURY models are? Am I missing another one?

Both look the same too me! Considering trading my MPS 6 in for a Gen II ...

On the BL models it was basically:

Bi-Xenon headlights
    Auto wipers
    Auto headlights
    Auto dimming rear-view mirror
    Extra 4 speakers and subwoofer

Just checked the Mazda website and I'm not sure if I'm missing something but there doesn't seem to be an option for a standard and Lux model in the new range???
    Last edited by Leelu; 29-11-2011 at 02:09 AM.

I was told that there is only one option in the new model, and it's basically the luxury model.
    Will let you know, I plan to take a new GEN II in white for a test drive this week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    I was told that there is only one option in the new model, and it's basically the luxury model.
    Will let you know, I plan to take a new GEN II in white for a test drive this week sometime.
    Good luck with it
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Also I'm not really a fan of the red with black dotted interior on the dash and seats... is all that changeable? I've read somewhere that you can get the brushed aluminum dash and stuff for the interior like in the SP25's or similar to the MPS6?

I also will be taking a Gen II for a test drive sometime this week, but I just want to know abit more before I go to the dealer, so they can't tell me any bs.

Nah you can't customize the interior at all. Apart from adding floormats.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Nah you can't customize the interior at all. Apart from adding floormats.
    If you wanted to spend the money, I think you might be able to put the SP25 seats in, as I think they are the same seat.

If brand new ie Series 2 Gen 2. There is only one model.

If you are buying a second hand one. Check the front lights, if there is the orange indicators (on top of the light) it is the non lux. the lux is all clear and it has the light washers.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Also I'm not really a fan of the red with black dotted interior on the dash and seats... is all that changeable? I've read somewhere that you can get the brushed aluminum dash and stuff for the interior like in the SP25's or similar to the MPS6?

I also will be taking a Gen II for a test drive sometime this week, but I just want to know abit more before I go to the dealer, so they can't tell me any bs.
    I did hear of someone that got the sp25 trim in the MPS ... worth asking
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

I am able to convert these red/black dot pattern dash trims.
    I've converted mine to matt black Carbon Fibre. Also available in silver Carbon Fibre.
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

10. Default

You mean you converted it yourself after you brought the car or you requested it to be done pre-delivery ?

lol.. bb.. its aftermarket diy job on the interior trim unless you want to get the sliver trim from the SP25 and change over on your own..

I've read somewhere that you can get the brushed aluminum dash and stuff for the interior like in the SP25's or similar to the MPS6?
    blueMPS did that and i followed suit.
    Makes a hell of a difference!

No, I removed them myself and converted them myself.
    See the thread 'MUZZA'S MACHINE' in the member's ride section. there are detailed pics.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Be wary of aftermarket interior modifications......

If you don't like the seat fabric then go the fuzzy woolen seat covers like old man Jace does.

Might even try to get Bride Cuda seats in? If that works ?

16. Default

Just wandering what the differences between the MPS and the MPS LUXURY models are? Am I missing another one?

Both look the same too me! Considering trading my MPS 6 in for a Gen II ...
    Actually what is your reasoning for wanting to trade your MPS6 in for a Gen 2 ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

I thought he wanted an s15 or something. Wanted to do skids . But now a GENII? Certainly can do skids!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I thought he wanted an s15 or something. Wanted to do skids . But now a GENII? Certainly can do skids!
    Yes originally I did want an S15 but it's way too common... I liked being in the different and I think I want to stay in the Mazda scene.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Actually what is your reasoning for wanting to trade your MPS6 in for a Gen 2 ?
    Why do I need a reason :P

ONE of the reasons is because I kinda want to own a car from new.

19. Default

Guess thats a pretty good reason Ive owned my 6 from new

Does seem like an unusual transition from the 6 though, them being fairly different cars, style of driving etc

More boot space than an S15 also..... Those things are TINY!

BTW, if you want a 'unique' S15, leave it completely stock. Like the R32 GTRs a stock S15 is a rare bird indeed

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast