User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint Correction - Brisbane

Default Paint Correction - Brisbane

Does anyone know of a reputable (Dan Quality) paint correction business in Brissy. I've got light scratches & water marks all over (only really seen under flurescent light) all over the car. I'd have a go myself but worried i'' make a meal of it or get bored 1/2 through and give up (dreadful attitude hey). Anyhoo if anyone in Brissy knows someone and would like to share that would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Mate,

Maybe PM Joel (ZAS) and ask who he'd recommend. I know he has a number of very reputable detailers whom he supplies. He'd probably be in the best position to recommend someone.

Otherwise, if you were so inclined, you could try to minimise/remove the water marks yourself by hand. It will take longer, but it is doable

Some Meguiars Ultimate Compound and a Lake Country Orange Hand Pad from ZAS can be quite effective at this and difficult to do any major harm to your clearcoat with.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Thanks Dan! I think i'll PM Joel. I'd prefer to get a pro to sort that way there's absolutely no chance i could botch it!

I had Postman Dan do my black Camry.

Nice, obviously did a good job Troy? Can I ask what he charged?

He spent 2 days doing it. Around 16hrs work.
    I manufactured and fitted a DP to his car.
    He supplied all the necessary ZAS products. For me to keep for future applications

Ok, always helps to leverage talent to get a good deal

You can run your hand along my Audi (when it's clean - rarely) and it feels "nice"
    Then you run your hand along the Camry (also, when it's clean - also, rarely) and you can tell it's so much smoother.

Top job Posty, still 12 months on and I still haven't re-applied...............anything.

If Postman Dan isn't available, Kim from Redline Car Care aka Detail Evolution knows what he is doing

Redline Car Care / Detail Evolution
    Servicing South East Queensland
    Ph: 0418 151 426 Email: info@redlinecarcare.com.au
    Web: Car Detailing Brisbane

Also, "postman dan" is now "Charlie brown"

Sweet..thanks boys...Sounds like Charlie Brown maybe the dude im looking for! Thanks again
    Bob

Well...never actually did anything about this but decided yesterday to get in touch with Kim @ Redline as per Joel's suggestion & after drooling over all of Dan's recent work. I've got him dropping around sometime tomorrow afternoon to do a quick assessment of my bonnet, roof & sills (the panels that show some water etching & swirl marks under certain light) & he is happy to charge a per panel rate. He seems like a good bloke that knows what he's talking about and is very busy (i take that as a sign that he's good at what he does). I'll report back once i've met with him to give everyone in Brisbane some feedback..if we're lucky perhaps he'll be as good as Dan!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    I'll report back once i've met with him to give everyone in Brisbane some feedback..if we're lucky perhaps he'll be as good as Dan!
    That would be nice!!
    Let us know how you go...
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Default Re: Paint Correction - Brisbane

Hope it goes well mate. If the recommendation came from Joel I'm sure he's good.

And yes, being busy is a good sign!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kim did the Opticoat on both if our cars. I cant fault his work in that regard. Looking back now I should have had paint correction done before Opticoat.

I doubt it will be cheap, but quality work never is.

Are you doing Opticoat after the correction?

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    That would be nice!!
    Let us know how you go...
    Will do George...

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Hope it goes well mate. If the recommendation came from Joel I'm sure he's good.

And yes, being busy is a good sign!

Thanks Dan...when i get the work done i'll take some before and after shots and some shots during the process! BTW you could just head this way one week-end. There'd be an pot of dosh here for you along with copeus amounts of beer and delectable beer snacks on offer...just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Kim did the Opticoat on both if our cars. I cant fault his work in that regard. Looking back now I should have had paint correction done before Opticoat.

I doubt it will be cheap, but quality work never is.

Are you doing Opticoat after the correction?

That's good to know Brad, i didn't realise he did your opticoating, definately more confident with giving him the job now, in a peculiar way i actually hope he's more on the expensive side because i'm getting tired of chucking money at cowboy detailers claiming they can do the work properly but never deliver. If i had Dan's mad skills i'd just have a go myself. On the opticoat i'll just have to see what the bill comes in at before i make that decision.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Well caught up with Kim and can tell he's the real deal. Mentioned the opticoating he has done on Brad's cars and got a view into the alignment he has with Joel (Zas) so i'm booking him in!..paint correction & Opticoat. Need to work out dates but should be early next month. I'll post up the results once finished & thanks again to Joel & Brad for their reccomendation!

I'll be very interested in the paint correction results. Its too soon to consider that on my car at the moment as the Opticoat is still in good nic, but good to see the improvement.

Good Luck mate.

Ahhh OK you're talking about Kim from Detail Evolution!

Yes he's brilliant. You're in good hands

20. Default

Hey Dan my MPS is only a couple of days old is the opticoat a good way to go from new? Does it make a huge difference? Roughly how much would it cost on a new car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast