User Tag List

Thread: Federals + SuperPro Anti--Lift + Toe Adjusters = BRILLIANCE!

Default Federals + SuperPro Anti--Lift + Toe Adjusters = BRILLIANCE!

Well Thought i would share my latest mods.....After alot of deliberation i finally had new shoes fitted yesterday. Ended up purchasing Federal EVO 225/40/18 from Tyres & More in South Brisbane. Thanks Eddie for the lead, then Chris & Jon for looking after me , next i dropped into Fulcrum down in Browns Plains to see Nick & Simon. They fitted the Superpro Anti-lift Kit & Rear Toe Adjusters that Troy (2XS) supplied .....and finished the work off with a 4 wheel wheel alignment .

WOW...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! For the 1st time since owning my little rocket i've been able to bury my foot into the floor and keep it there right through each gear with out fear of axel hop, torque steer or loss of traction!!!! For those considering these mods, paired with 2XS DGR Coil-Overs.. i STRONGLY reccomend it!!

so the formula is simply....225/40/18 Federal RPMs + Boys from Tyres&More South Brisbane + 2XS + Anti-Lift kit & Rear Toe End Adjusters + Expert fitting & aligning from Fulcrum Browns Plains Boys = SHEER BRILLIANCE!

BTW....i did have one reservation prior to fitting the Anti-Lift Kit and that was increased NVH...SURPRISE SURPRISE...I FOUND NO CHANGE IN THE CABIN COMFORT WHAT-SO-EVER!

DOOO IT....ZOOOM ZOOOM EVERYONE !!
    Last edited by LRRH; 04-10-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

What alignment settings did the dial in for you?
    When they pressed in the rear control arm bush, where did the position the bolt hole?
    Control arm there their for controlling your wheels, hence the comforts hasn't been effected as they don't support the vehicles weight like struts/springs.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 25-11-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    What alignment settings did the dial in for you?
    When they pressed in the rear control arm bush, where did the position the bolt hole?
    Control arm there their for controlling your wheels, hence the comforts hasn't been effected as they don't support the vehicles weight like struts/springs.
    I'm unsure of the W/A details.
    I know they set the rear bushes to full anti-lift.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Here's the results...

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Well Thought i would share my latest mods.....After alot of deliberation i finally had new shoes fitted yesterday. Ended up purchasing Federal RPM 225/40/18 from Tyres & More in South Brisbane. Thanks Eddie for the lead, then Chris & Jon for looking after me , next i dropped into Fulcrum down in Browns Plains to see Nick & Simon. They fitted the Superpro Anti-lift Kit & Rear Toe Adjusters that Troy (2XS) supplied .....and finished the work off with a 4 wheel wheel alignment .

WOW...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! For the 1st time since owning my little rocket i've been able to bury my foot into the floor and keep it there right through each gear with out fear of axel hop, torque steer or loss of traction!!!! For those considering these mods, paired with 2XS DGR Coil-Overs.. i STRONGLY reccomend it!!

so the formula is simply....225/40/18 Federal RPMs + Boys from Tyres&More South Brisbane + 2XS + Anti-Lift kit & Rear Toe End Adjusters + Expert fitting & aligning from Fulcrum Browns Plains Boys = SHEER BRILLIANCE!

BTW....i did have one reservation prior to fitting the Anti-Lift Kit and that was increased NVH...SURPRISE SURPRISE...I FOUND NO CHANGE IN THE CABIN COMFORT WHAT-SO-EVER!

DOOO IT....ZOOOM ZOOOM EVERYONE !!

No anti-lift here yet but i have no issues planting my foot down and keeping it there.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    No anti-lift here yet but i have no issues planting my foot down and keeping it there.
    ditto. I'll be setting my front bushes to full caster

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Here's the results...

They have done a very agressive setting that will still chew the inside shoulder of the tyre. Lots of toe out on all wheels and added camber on 3 of 4 wheels. No wonder is has good turn in.

Right...Well i made it fairly clear when i dropped it into them that i needed it set up so it wouldn't wear the inside tyres as much....How can i get a better balance of even tyre wear and better handling with the new gear i have on the car..i understood that the rear toe adjusters were the key to fixing the tyre wear issue?

I thought rear camber adjustment was more what you needed. I had the toe adjustment installed as well, but a couple shops suggested it wasn't enough.

Yeah...that's what i thought as well Brad. I will give the Fulcrum boys a call and clarify. Sorry i couldn't make it yesterday mate. I hope you's all had a good time

Won't hold it against you. I'll swap for a ride in you car. Can't believe you find the DGR's comfortable. Mine are pretty firm...interested to see the difference. Should meet at Rocklea Bunnings one evening.

Yeah sounds good! I'm finding them far more comfy then the king springs i had before the coil-overs and as good as the OEM suspension. Maybe you need to adjust them a little differently. Take mine for a spin and see if it's an improvement. I had Troy muck around with mine a couple of times until we got it right.

Seriously? What have you set the fronts and rears?
    I'm 10/30 hard on the from and 20/30 hard on the rears. My tyres are about 38 PSI all round.

Mine was 10 & 20 but changed the front to 15...kept the rear @ 20.