User Tag List

Thread: Changing interior lights?

1. Question Changing interior lights?

Hey guys,

Has anyone changed their interior roof light bulbs in a 6 MPS? I cant see any holes where to stick a screwdriver in anywhere to pop the plastic cover out and YouTube doesn't seem to have any videos either.

Any ideas?

Have you tried the owners manual ?

There should be a very small screwdriver slot in the clear plastic, towards the edge.
    It will be around 5mm x 1.5mm small.

I pulled the whole plastic frame (grey / creamy coloured) bit out, if you try to pull the clear plastic out you risk snapping it

Sure have buddy. You need to insert a small flat head screw driver at both sides of the interior light. There's a steel clip which needs to be pushed inwards to unhook from the ceiling recess its mounted in.
    As mentioned above the grey whole entire light unit comes out. If that at all makes any sense...?

Might as well change the door lights while you're at it. I have Blue interior (rear) and blue doors and white MAP reading lights (front)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

6. Default

Awesome, thanks guys