User Tag List

Thread: THR spec R

Default THR spec R

just wondering if we can get anymore details on this?

mainly looking for details on the turbo refurbishment...
    i believe the one fitted to the gen 2 on dyno day was a refurbished/hybrid unit
    think jim said it was ball bearings as well?

guessing they wont ever tell us the full story of what goes into it, but just wondering how it compares to the BNR offerings here:
    BNR Supercars - Bryan Nickell's Rotary Supercars - Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6/CX7

both in terms of pricing and what's done to the unit

Thanks
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

2. Default

Hi Mate,

PM Sent BTW - But to summarise, After testing most of what is / was avaialble on the market, Jim wanted a turbo that would perfectly suit the average road car that intended to maintain factory internals. The Spec R Upgrade kit including Turbo Upgrade (not technically released as yet) is definately the next step from the Spec C and provides minimal (no) lag while offering a signifacant gain up top. It's also designed to eliminate any chance of the 'smoking' the factory turbo is known for aswell.

Spec's are a little light on - You would have to come in and chat with Jim about those (above my personal head) but needless to say he probably won't give TOO many tips and tricks away!

As always though, please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else at all I can help you with!

Kind Regards
    Chris Milne
    Tunehouse
    e: chris@tunehouse.com.au
    p: (02) 9557 4000
    w: TUNEHOUSE | Premium Automotive Workshop
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

11 Chalder Street, Marrickville NSW

All Upgrades 100% Custom Dyno Tuned! Performance - Service - Innovation

HKS | COSWORTH| ECUTEK | TEIN | WHITELINE | DBA | KW | VIPEC

Last edited by Reedy; 23-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Can we get a printout of the Dyno Graph that this car did at the Dyno Day? I'd like to have a gander at the torque curve if I may.

when will this be availble??