User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intercooler to Turbo pipe size

Default Intercooler to Turbo pipe size

Guys and gals,

What size is the pipe that goes from the intercooler to the turbo. It's the one near the firewall. My current one seems rather tender and I'm trying to locate the source of a boost leak.

I've been looking at EBay and there are a few options such as a 2.75" or 3" and 4".

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Stock turbo?
    Pretty sure it's 2.5"
    but i could be wrong... so wait for someone with more knowledge than me to comment
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 22-11-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Haha, thanks for input!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    Haha, thanks for input!

Sounds more like the problem you were describing the other day..
    easier fix than a whole turbo!!!!!1

Gotta try and find one first. Most is from EBay, ideally i'd like something local. That and I've never fiddled with the IC before.

2.25".

I have some silicone coming with those exact pieces in the order.

Care to wait?

How long Troy?

I'd definitely love to grab some from you if possible.

Cheers!

It's pretty simple to take off and put back on - you should be able to handle it with a couple of tools.

How long Troy?

I'd definitely love to grab some from you if possible.

Cheers!

I should have them in 2 weeks.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    It's pretty simple to take off and put back on - you should be able to handle it with a couple of tools.
    Yeah, seems simple enough.

I had a quick look at the actual pipe, it's soft as hell but the clamps seem pretty tight. Still, best to pull it off and see what's what.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Howd it Go Chuckieeeeeeee???? have some powerrrrrrr now?? Its amazing what a bit of boost can do!!!

Shite, only just saw the reply. Yeah mate, runs like a beauty. Changed the spring over in the Blow off valve and replaced the O-ring. $5 from Mazda Parkland.

Took her in for service today and had the throttle body and power steering done and now she runs when's better.

Smiles all around, thanks for the help bud.

So your turbo was ok and not the reason for loose of boost (apart from the smoking and needing replacement)?

Yeah mate, wasn't the turbo as originally thought, though it still smokes like an Egyptian if you leave it idling.

There was a slight split in the recirc tube which I replaced too.

Sweet, oh well glad you got it sorted. Now it doesn't seem as urgent to get the turbo fitted and you can still put your foot down and have some fun before the install!

ive got 2.25 pipe for my FMIC

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Sweet, oh well glad you got it sorted. Now it doesn't seem as urgent to get the turbo fitted and you can still put your foot down and have some fun before the install!
    Yeah, thank God for that. You have no idea how frustrating it is to drive like a manna. Haha!

Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

You have no idea how frustrating it is to drive like a manna!
    Correct, I wouldn't have a clue

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Yeah mate, wasn't the turbo as originally thought, though it still smokes like an Egyptian if you leave it idling.

There was a slight split in the recirc tube which I replaced too.

As mentioned the other day mate. Piss off the redline. its no good. I reckon a change of oil type has caused the seals to be upset and weep. there is always Additives in the makeup of an oil, they vary from batch to batch, but I have now seen several turbo cars go from their regular oil to redline with out flushing and cleaning the old oil, and all of a sudden.. pfffaff, turbo smoke. basically there is a chemical reaction bettween some of the chemicals in the oil and they create nasties. I am not knocking redline because there are plenty of people who have no issues with it, and it does have its goods in the right situation, but the OiL guy here told me that there can be a bad reaction if it mixes with some older oil of a different type.
    Just a little bit of FYI for every one. The oil guy here used to actually develop oil and work on the chemical/molecular make up of different oils.

Yeah, thank God for that. You have no idea how frustrating it is to drive like a manna. Haha!
    That's how I roll - 2500 rpm all the way down the freeway. I even got tuned so I could get better fuel economy
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast