User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new SPEED-CAMERAs are on the roads, their strike rate is incredible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    Slow drivers might be less likely to crash themselves... But then become obstacles for anyone who ISN'T driving slow...

I never come even close to getting rear ended when pulling into traffic... But every day I have to slam on the brakes to avoid running into people who either A) pulled out in front of me without enough space, and/or B) Did not jump on the gas to get up to speed, just expected that I would emergency brake for them...

And don't even start on the fwits that think you can safely merge onto a freeway at 80...

Chris.
    never said less likely to crash, just less likely to die...
    at the end of the day, most of the people who make these decisions get presented a document that says "by installing a speed camera at locations xyz, this will lower the amount of deaths at this location by _% and bring in $___ dollars a year in revenue"

the numpties in parliment go "oh, that looks good, lets do that!" this whole "speed kills" thing is so deeply engrained into the australian psyche that it's hard to change people's perceptions...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    the numpties in parliment go "oh, that looks good, lets do that!" this whole "speed kills" thing is so deeply engrained into the australian psyche that it's hard to change people's perceptions...
    They aren't as oblivious to it as you'd think. These cameras are purely a revenue resource, and everyone in the government is well aware of that. The variable is how many of them are happy to keep signing up for more state revenue, and how many aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Read the info in the link mate. It's not a jammer and activates no jamming codes
    it sounds great.

makes your car "invisible" by the laser gun.
    but im still wondering if you pullover by a cop who was pointing the laser gun at you but couldn't read your speed, and he notice you are using the Parking Sensors, will he let you go without a ticket?

He will be able to read your speed, just not on the first try

From the link:

"Responsible Reaction to Inteference: If interference with other laser systems occurs, the G9 Park automatically turns itself off after 4 or 8 seconds (user defined) - making it the most responsible device on the market as it will not continue to interfere with other laser equipment. Driver is notified when interference with other laser systems is occurring."

Read between the lines. It gives you a 4 or 8 second warning that you are being 'lased' during which time the parking sensors will unfortunately interfere with the LIDAR device (but not return a jamming code). It then automatically shuts off after 4 or 8 seconds (responsibly), by which time you should be happily going under the speed limit, so that when he lases you a second time and actually obtains a reading, there's no reason to pull you over

Clear?
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

You do wrong your gone.... in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    You do wrong your gone.... in a nutshell.
    Saw your post before you modded it, and agreed with it slightly more than now...

The thing about the camera system they use on us here is about deception and catching you off-guard. A lot of mobile cameras are set up in areas that you naturally end up speeding in - at the base of hills, next to speed zone change signs, etc. The people who don't usually get caught by these things are the people doing 30-40k's over the limit and actively look out for cameras/cops. The huge majority of people who get stung by these are the 99% of apathetic randoms who glide through a 80 zone at 87, get a $75 fine, employ the "oh well I dun goofed" attitude, and happily pay the tax - legitimising the conduct of the government. And they make tens of millions of dollars off us because of it.

Yes, if you're doing 50 clicks over the limit, you deserve to be caught.

But saying "oh well, its your fault" when 99% of fines are handed out to non-dangerous drivers in non-dangerous areas doing non-dangerous things just enforces the governments ability to hit us with what's literally a tax, which they've brainwashed enough of us to happily sheep away at because we're all told "speed kills", is wrong - and unfortunately too many people just don't want to know what's wrong with the world, and don't speak up.

And when it comes down to it, every dollar you give the government in fines, is a dollar they use to pay back their currency loans from the international monetary fund (IMF). The problem is, that when that one dollar is given back to the IMF, the government needs that dollar straight back to keep the economy at a stable level. So the IMF does that, except the dollar that they've given has (for arguments sake) a dollar in interest attached to it. So then the government needs to get johnny motorist to give them two dollars in fines, so that they can give the IMF the money that's owed. But that two dollars needs replacing too. So we get given it back with another dollars interest.
    I know it's a bit of a stretch going from a speeding fine to the implications of international quantitative easing, but hey. This is what it all boils down to - a completely blind and apethetic population that keeps handing over money to keep a fundamentally broken and extremely unfair system afloat.
    Last edited by MadAussie; 24-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Saw your post before you modded it, and agreed with it slightly more than now...

The thing about the camera system they use on us here is about deception and catching you off-guard. A lot of mobile cameras are set up in areas that you naturally end up speeding in - at the base of hills, next to speed zone change signs, etc. The people who don't usually get caught by these things are the people doing 30-40k's over the limit and actively look out for cameras/cops. The huge majority of people who get stung by these are the 99% of apathetic randoms who glide through a 80 zone at 87, get a $75 fine, employ the "oh well I dun goofed" attitude, and happily pay the tax - legitimising the conduct of the government. And they make tens of millions of dollars off us because of it.

Yes, if you're doing 50 clicks over the limit, you deserve to be caught.

But saying "oh well, its your fault" when 99% of fines are handed out to non-dangerous drivers in non-dangerous areas doing non-dangerous things just enforces the governments ability to hit us with what's literally a tax, which they've brainwashed enough of us to happily sheep away at because we're all told "speed kills", is wrong - and unfortunately too many people just don't want to know what's wrong with the world, and don't speak up.
    my most recent one was getting done doing 70 in a 60 zone... the camera had been installed 2 weeks earlier, and it's unmarked, at the bottom of a long hill, so unless you're constantly watching your speedo, and tapping the brakes you're going to pick up speed going down it... also, the ONLY way to know it was there, was to check the RTA's website to see that they were installing a camera there...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Actually there is a chance you would be able to contest that. In Victoria here, there's guidelines saying that mobile cameras andfixed ones are not allowed at the base of a hill, in between speed zone changes of less than a certain distance and overtaking zones and so forth. I'm not sure if there's one for NSW or its the same but if u manage to find it u may get your fines reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    my most recent one was getting done doing 70 in a 60 zone... the camera had been installed 2 weeks earlier, and it's unmarked, at the bottom of a long hill, so unless you're constantly watching your speedo, and tapping the brakes you're going to pick up speed going down it... also, the ONLY way to know it was there, was to check the RTA's website to see that they were installing a camera there...

I agree they have cheap tricks with setting up cameras in the positions you mentioned and yes we spend more time looking at our speedos and I know I think alot when I drive so I have the GPS set to let me know, I agree with a lot of what was said in here, I've had to change from the way I've driven over the years I was taught to read the road/track for possiblities or If's to and watch drivers actions expecially when you follow them for lap after lap so most of the time I was looking in front of me and I learn't too feel the speed without looking at the speedo. With all this camera's sprouting up everywhere I find the focus has gone and feel uncomfortable because I need to keep looking down, my ex used to ask me all the time why i was pulling up slowly or via off the road because I was reading the road and I can tell you I have avoided many rear enders and crashes over 30 years but now I spend so much looking down to make sure I'm not speeding because todays cars are so much powerful you thinking you're doing 100 but when you look down it's 140 because the cars are so refined you drive my brothers 460 bigblock Landau LTD and when you think your doing 100 you look down and your doing 60 to 70k's. I think it's wrong with want they are doing but what you see today is worse than it was 30 years ago plus suburbia's are getting bigger and now flowing into country towns where you use to get away with it, I remember taking the needle off the clock in the SLR 5000 back in 1981 when I got my licence between Samford and Dayboro not any more without been caught and not that I have tried lately either.
    To sum it up for me by looking at the speedo distracts me from reading the road and by looking down all the time I have had near misses from people pulling out of side streets in that split second you look down and now I feel that I have lost the focus because of the fact that I'm spending more time looking for camera's and speedo rather than reading who's going to pull out in front of you or some one brakes in front your or if someone decides to rear end you, these people must of driven a car in some stage of their life that distraction is a big part of accidents so why distract us to make money...I like to keep my 30year accident free except for the guy tapping my passenger rear door trying to merge coming into fast and realising he wasn't going to make it.

My Rant
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12