User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DBA 4000/5000 series brake rotors

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Order is in with GSL. $1395 for a full set of DBA Hello Kitty slotted's + Project Hello Kitty Club Racer pads delivered.

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

hi greg,

the pads went on the same time as the new dba 4000 blank rotors

Quote Originally Posted by gslrallysport View Post
    Were the Remsa installed on new or machined rotors, or rotors that had previously had another pad's material on it?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

It is, but you're talking about some fairly serious work. The pad that we've ended up going here is the Project Mu Club Racer, which for all intensive purposes is the same pad as the V8 Supercar control pad (Project Mu H16-03), with only minor changes to make it significantly cheaper. Double the cost of the A1RM, but will also last 4-5 times longer.
    Do they still maintain a daily drive ability of braking, for example if i hope in and go to the shops will it still bite straight up? (compared to stock)
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by nirvandan View Post

Order is in with GSL. $1395 for a full set of DBA Hello Kitty slotted's + Project Hello Kitty Club Racer pads delivered.
    :lol:
    bahahahahahahahhaha
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Do they still maintain a daily drive ability of braking, for example if i hope in and go to the shops will it still bite straight up? (compared to stock)
    if you are referring to the Remsa pads, yes they are street pads. I have no problem stopping from cold with them. The initial bite seems to have gotten better as they bed in more. But not as good as stock which I attribute to having a higher temp rating

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Ask me once i've had them fitted in a couple of weeks but GSL has told me that the average person can't tell they are a track pad and they still work fine when cold.

Bwhahahaha

Thanks Reedy

Just arrived this arvo, still waiting on the pads tho ><

They look very good

In preparation for installing these bad boys I have bought a brake caliper cube, One question tho: When winding the rear caliper piston back, do you still need to apply a force to squeeze it open or does simply winding the piston with the cube tool retract it?

I had to do mine a tad bodgy as the self proclaimed "universal" piston tool (also cube shaped) didn't fit my brakes, a pair of long nosed pliers did the job if I recall it was a sort of pushing and turning action that worked for me.

Yea I had a play a couple of weeks ago with a pair of long nosed pliers and I got the turning action going but the piston just seemed to spin freely, I wasn't sure if it was very finely threaded or if you just needed to squeeze it back in, the twisting action doesn't make much sense unless the piston is threaded tho. I need to learn more about how these things operate.

Woot, Pads arrived today. And I finally got my hands on some Penrite SIN brake fluid, 5 stores later and searching out the back finally found a SINGLE bottle. was it so hard to source the stuff?!

If the weather is good tomorrow I will get everything fitted, flushed and ready to rock =)

Woot, Pads arrived today. And I finally got my hands on some Penrite SIN brake fluid, 5 stores later and searching out the back finally found a SINGLE bottle. was it so hard to source the stuff?!

If the weather is good tomorrow I will get everything fitted, flushed and ready to rock =)
    Greg sells that fluid.. I got some from him :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I got impatient and installed them this arvo =) Funny the outer front pads are missing the metal tab that the spring hooks into, I always thought that part was unnecessary. All it ever did was make things harder.

Still have some way to go for them to bed in properly but they sure look purrdy. Initial bite is poor while theyre still bedding in but once they get hot they dig in extremely hard.

Squealing like buggery as well but that will sort itself out with more miles too.
    Last edited by Reedy; 22-12-2011 at 09:46 PM.

17. Default

We noticed that lack of outside tab too when we checked them prior to dispatch... We've actually lodged an inquiry with them as to why, but I'm 99% sure it's just there for noise suppression, which as you say will go away with more k's...

Had my first track hit out with this setup and they were right on the money.

It's hard to say whether they actually offer more stopping power as I was also using new R-spec tyres but the biggest thing was the consistency in the brake feel. With the A1RM's and Stock Rotors the brakes were a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I would have a session where i would stop amazingly and then be followed immediately by one with average braking performance. This Pad + Rotor combo, once up to temperature is just so consistent it was incredible. No performance drop off, no "sweet" spot, just consistent powerful stopping power, exactly what you want.

They still squeal like buggery at low speeds tho.

I've just installed a set of DBA 4000 series on my 3 in prep for a track day on monday. Also added some Ferodo performance pads. They were recommended as they are what was used on some production racing MPS3's over here in NZ.

Hopefully should be all good. It'll be my first time hitting the track in this car.

Awesome, make sure you have flushed your brake fluid with some super dot 4.1 stuff as a minimum, the stock fluid will be cactus after 1 track day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast