User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turning off DSC AND ABS

Default turning off DSC AND ABS

found this on the net... I also found a way to turn off the DSC and ABS from the Service manual, What you do is hold the DSC button down while Starting your Engine, The DSC Warning Led stays on and the DSC OFF Led will also be on. It is handly if you are going to put your car on a Dyno to check its Horsepower and performance. I would not use it while driving becuase your not protected.

This is pretty much part of my routine when starting the car.......it feels so much more responsive in the lower gears.

going to try it tomorrow and go for run up mt nebo, c how the beast goes

I assume you mean TSC and DCS. Unless you're some kind of driver with F1 level skills, you probably don't ever want to turn ABS off.

never had the ABS kick in so dont c the point of it!! if you drive safe

Then you're not going/stopping fast enough

its all about control mate you only need ABS if yaw going to run up someones ass or driving on snow

You need to push your car harder then.

I'm not referring to driving on public roads btw. If you ever _need_ ABS on public roads, then you're already in a bit of trouble. But on a track, you'll be faster with ABS than without.

beg to differ on the track its all about slow in fast out... do v8 supercars have ABS OR THE F1 NO THEY DONT on the track u easy on the brakes not jamb the thing to the floor. you cannot use the tyres to turn into a corner if the brakes are go on off ect ect. it is always better to slow the car before the corner!!!!!!!!!!! Lets go to lakeside me with no abs and you with then look at the lap times.

Braking while going into the corner is inefficient use of the tyres, especially for a FWD car. You should be braking in a straight line prior to the corner which means you can brake later and harder (allowing you to reach a higher top speed on that straight), then turn in and use maximum grip for both accelerating and turning.

thats what i was saying brake before the corner no need for ABS

When my car was on the dyno this was not off, had no problems what so ever..

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    When my car was on the dyno this was not off, had no problems what so ever..
    This happened to me once and it can cause issues so I wouldn't make a habit of it. The warning light stayed on for some time afterward. TURN IT OFF if you are going to dyno. Remember if the car senses slippage on the dyno the ABS may come on and you will lose power

Quote Originally Posted by plop View Post
    thats what i was saying brake before the corner no need for ABS
    What I'm saying is with ABS you can brake later and harder (in a straight line) than someone without, assuming skills equal. Unless you're driving at Michael Schumacher's level, you will not outperform ABS.

BTW the reason there is no ABS in F1 is because it was banned in the early 90's along with other driving aids like traction control, launch control and active suspension. It made driving too easy and too reliant on technology. If you can't don't understand why having ABS is better than not, then there's not much else I can say to convince you otherwise.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Pull the SWAS plug /thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MN View Post
    Pull the SWAS plug /thread
    Care to elaborate on where the SWAS plug is?.....I'm lead to believe its around the steering column somewhere.

Steering Wheel Angle Sensor?

Had mine disconnected for 6+ months and car is much better to drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWAS-1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWAS-2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	460  

BTW, if people DO disconnect the plug, please be bloody careful!!

ALSO, once you reconnect the plug; turn on the car and spin the steering wheel full lock to the left then to right and repeat once more, this is so the sensor can learn its limitations, otherwise it spaz's out next time you boot if through a corner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast