User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUDM MPS3 & MPS6 AccessPORT Beta Testing Applications Being Accepted.

1. Default AUDM MPS3 & MPS6 AccessPORT Beta Testing Applications Being Accepted.

COBB Tuning is accepting applicants for all AUDM MPS3 and MPS6 vehicles. We are specifically looking for 4-5 Alpha testers for each MPS platform. In order to apply, you must own a Gen1 MPS3, Gen2 MPS3, or MPS6 and be willing to download/email your stock ROMs, test various AccessPORT features as well as take datalogs of the initial OTS calibrations in an effort to verify that they are performing as expected. You may also be asked to help develop more refined OTS calibrations for this platform which will involve submitting specific datalogs to one of our calibrators and running evolving calibrations for your specific hardware combination. Please send an e-mail to calibration@cobbtuning.com with the following Subject “AUDM MPS AccessPORT Alpha Tester Application” and include the following:

Full Name:
    Home Address (for shipping purposes):
    E-mail Address:
    Forum Name(s), you must register on our forums and give us your exact user name so we can give you permission to the locked AUDM MPS Alpha forums:
    VIN:
    Specific list of all performance hardware installed on the vehicle (no other vehicle modifications can be installed during Alpha testing unless approved by the calibrator):
    Octane rating for fuel you run:

You should have a response within 24 hours of submitting your application. We will ship out the AccessPORTs via UPS standard delivery as soon as all information is submitted and the testers have been chosen. Our goal is to have all of these Alpha AccessPORTs shipped out by Friday, December 9th 2011, if not sooner. Unfortunately, due to the holidays no freight company will guarantee when the AP will arrive...although, we will be responding over the holidays so that we can make an official release ASAP. This initial testing will only involve the AccessPORT, the release date for AccessTUNER Race for the AUDM MPS community has not been set yet. Not every applicant will be accepted, so please do not be offended if you are not chosen. We need to make sure that the initial OTS calibration offerings meet the majority of the community’s needs and if a vehicle is heavily modified with unique performance hardware...then it will not likely be chosen for this initial Alpha testing.

For participating in the Alpha testing, COBB Tuning will be selling you an AccessPORT for a 10% discount (shipping is not free). One of our representatives will e-mail you with details about what specific testing we are looking to accomplish. We are looking to have the AccessPORT tested as well as have users participate in OTS calibration testing and development. Please do not submit an application unless you are willing to do so. You have the choice to ask for a full refund within a 90 day period of receiving your AccessPORT, otherwise, after that point all sales are final. In order to do this, the AccessPORT must be returned complete in its original, working condition.

Again, our initial goals are to verify that we have collected all AUDM ROMs, integrate them into the AccessTUNER software and AccessPORT firmware, then start the development and testing of Off-The-Shelf (OTS) calibrations. This process will take several weeks, if not months to complete. We will be sure to openly communicate with all Alpha testers and the community about our progress.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Take care,
    COBB Calibration Team.

Im in , will email the details through shortly.

email sent

Littleredmps is keen for this, just at work and can't post atm, he has a gen 2

Thanks for the heads up on this Matt, will be drafting a detailed email later today in response.

Thanks for posting it here too Christian!

email sent. IN

Do you need a laptop for this? ala Versatune.

Does the testing has to be done under stock tune?
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 17-11-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Do you need a laptop for this? ala Versatune.

Does the testing has to be done under stock tune?
    It's a hand held unit like the Hypertech.

I imagine though you'd need a PC/laptop to download to when data logging though, and also for software updates

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

So its pretty much requiring data logging?? I can help out if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    It's a hand held unit like the Hypertech.

I imagine though you'd need a PC/laptop to download to when data logging though, and also for software updates

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    All good If i can download the data straight from the AP unit to my PC. My work laptop is very restricted and wont allow me to install new software.

Now i Just hope I dont have to run on stock tune, I dont think i can stand it lol
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    So its pretty much requiring data logging?? I can help out if needed.
    not quite, they'll flash tunes to your car, log the data, you send it to them, the update the tune, send it back, you flash it to your car.. repeat until they're happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    All good If i can download the data straight from the AP unit to my PC. My work laptop is very restricted and wont allow me to install new software.

Now i Just hope I dont have to run on stock tune, I dont think i can stand it lol
    im guessing here, but i think you have the cobb software on your PC, and you use that to get the data off/on the AP's (like itunes/iphone)
    dont think it's like a USB stick you can just copy files to
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

The software is available from the Cobb website, for both Mac & PC, a dump takes around 25 minutes and produces a ~300k file, the AP is just connected via USB, and the copy process only takes a matter of seconds, you can drag and drop files to and fro the Cobb, or use the buttons in the software GUI.

All sent, fingers crossed to be one of the chosen few

http://cobbtuning.com/products/?id=5918

So at current exchange rates, with the discount, AUD $535 + postage. It ain't cheap!

Brad - it's actually a freaking bargain. Check out how many off the shelf tunes are available, the support and user community. With the ability to do tweaking of your tune with ATR (hopefully soon after AP is cleared and officially on sale for Australia) nothing else on the market comes close to it for the money.

Not much more that a Hypertech moneywise, and the HT device can only do a single flash, then it just sits in your glovebox / drawer until you need to update it and use it again. The AP on the other hand offers multiple map storage and fast switching between maps ~2 mins, comprehensive data logging and live data display, LC & FFS, and doesnt use load based tuning, like everything else out there.

Even with the OTS maps, at $535 its a bargain, let alone the (free) custom tuning software that may be offered in the near future.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

under 1/2 price on a ezy-flash tune too .

Hi Christian,

Email sent

ive emaild in too see how i go, got a few mods now.

Ok, relative to other products, I see your point.

"unable to see bargain fail"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast