User Tag List

Thread: Servicing before long drive

1. Default Servicing before long drive

Hi all,

I think I've found the car I want, but is 1/2 way across the country. I plan to drive it back.

I know it is close to due for it's next service, 70,000km one, and has around 67,000km on it now.
    I think what I plan to do is for a basic fluids change before the long trek home, and then have it properly serviced once it reaches the 70k km mark.
    Only because this car is located in an area with no Mazda dealer, nor do I know of any reputable workshops/mechanics there (as I'm not from there!)

Does this sound safe to do?

Edit: May as well ask here.

With the turbo seal thing. Is the smoke only noticeable at first start-up. Or will it constantly smoke no matter the temperature of the car?
    Are there any other things I should be looking out for? I have asked about any recalls and been told the driveline bolt has been done.
    06 MPS3 btw.
    Last edited by sheezymaneezy; 15-11-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Provided the service history is alright and when you check the fluid levels all is OK Id have no hesitation driving it home.

To look for smoky turbo, start the car, let it idle for 10-15 minutes, if grey/white smoke pours out the exhaust the seals are gone.

Do a search of the site for more info.

Have you ever driven a 3MPS or had a really good look over one? Hard to know if the one you're going to see is good if it's the only one you've seen.

I drove a 1986 R31 with 450,000kms on the clock across the nullarbor.
    It should be fine, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    I drove a 1986 R31 with 450,000kms on the clock across the nullarbor.
    It should be fine, lol.
    I drove an R31 on 5 cylinders, busted rear suspension and a dry diff from Brisbane to Canberra...loved that R31

Trip computer worked fine!

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I drove an R31 on 5 cylinders, busted rear suspension and a dry diff from Brisbane to Canberra...loved that R31

Trip computer worked fine!
    HAhaha. I've always thought the Army should replace all their bushmasters with R31 wagons. Would be far more superior.