User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Option 1 No Longer Stock KU36

Yup...was calling back to pay for them but got side-tracked so i will call Andy again in the morning. Thanks again Eddie! Look forward to catching up on a cruise.

Well cautious as ever before any purchase, i've done more research on the RS-Rs and how long they are expected to last and apparently for road use it's only between 4000-5000kms. Can anyone confirm this with personal experience or does anyone know anybody running on these currently? Had a terrible run with tyres and wanna get this right but don't want to spend heaps of money....happy to go up to around 250-275 per corner fitted....HELP!

I've had Sumitomos HTR-Z III for about 30000km's.

They've looked after me ok. 99% has been regular driving. No track days. Haven't looked, but for sure they are rooted by now.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/su...htr-z-iii.html

Yeah, i had these high on the list Brad but apparently the company who manufactures these tyres are on the verge of going bust? Well that's what my local goodyear dealer told me earlier in the week which i think is why i've had trouble finding them. I notice you bought yours originally from Jax @ Yeerongpilly is that right? I also contacted those guys and they no longer sell them either.

I also may have jumped the gun on the tyre life of the RS-Rs....i think the comments i read on 4-5k were examples of guys using them alot on the track...will confirm this with tyres and more this morning as i'm due to get them fitted on Tuesday!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Yes RSRs don't last long. It is normal for any soft compund tyre. ie you old KU36s. If you are looking for performance but trying to gain some life out of the tyres also. Then I'd suggest the EVOs instead.

Well Dropped into Tyres & More this morning to check out a set that has run around 10k already under daily driving conditions and i have to say that they appear to be holding up quite well. I should expect 15-20k from them. Thanks again to Eddie and Troy for putting me onto these boys & Also to Eddie's mate John @ Tyres & More for helping me out earlier this morning BRING ON THE RS-R's!!!!!

, hope ur liking them. Chris and my mate Andy and their team (incl John) are bunch of easy going kids. Give us a update soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Well Dropped into Tyres & More this morning to check out a set that has run around 10k already under daily driving conditions and i have to say that they appear to be holding up quite well. I should expect 15-20k from them. Thanks again to Eddie and Troy for putting me onto these boys & Also to Eddie's mate John @ Tyres & More for helping me out earlier this morning BRING ON THE RS-R's!!!!!
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Yeah, I've known Chris since, well, before he was Fulli.
    Back when he was going (not really attending) uni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12