User Tag List

Thread: Blue LED Foot-well lights

Default Blue LED Foot-well lights

Hi all, Just wanted to ask a question.

Yesterday I was working on a mates gen 2 MPS and he had a single Blue LED under the dash in the fool-well as standard, Comes on when you open the door.
    My car doesn't have it and doesn't look like it has been cut out of the main loom.

Now was this an option or was some one at the mazda factory just had a bad day and forgot to fit them in my car? lol

They only got it on the 2009 model.

I believe you can buy a "kit" from the USA that plugs into the loom. I've been told it's around $260USD

Or you can buy basic LED strip lights and wire them in yourself. $10.

Yep, 2009 got the bling. God knows why they chopped it from future line ups. Probably the same moron who chopped the memory seats out if the series 2 GENII (is that what why call it?)

its plug and play for some cars that still have the correct "space" for it. Go to ozmazdaclub and look for a member called hmj. He can tell you whether your car (by giving him ur VIN) is plug and play. Costs around $60 for the OEM footwell lights

I have a 2010 model and it was missing the footwell lights. I bought a set from hmj. The slots for the LED bulbs still exist but you need to do the wiring. I ended up running some wire between the bulbs and hooking it up finally to the glove box lamp.
    1 hour job.

It beats me why Mazda remove options as updated models are released.

Mine's a 2009 build and I didn't get em' .

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Maybe only the cry-babies got them?

The people who bought the car for the power, don't need "pretty" blue lights
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Hey Linda, remember you're steeling wheel is different to mine? Maybe Luxury vs Base model? Definitely a bit of a mystery.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Maybe only the cry-babies got them?

The people who bought the car for the power, don't need "pretty" blue lights
    I like it!!! I'm going with that ^^ . Maybe the absence of "pretty" blue lights is why my beast got an extra 3kw over the other 2 stock MPS's on dyno day???
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey Linda, remember you're steeling wheel is different to mine? Maybe Luxury vs Base model? Definitely a bit of a mystery.
    I thought the wider channel in the steering wheel denoted early production model (variant non-specific)?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I thought the wider channel in the steering wheel denoted early production model (variant non-specific)?

Scuse me mister, can you please repeat that, but in English.....
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Scuse me mister, can you please repeat that, but in English.....
    The wider gap in the plastic on the bottom of the steering wheel. I didn't think it had anything to do with whether it was a lux or non-lux model

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now