User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Audio Thread, What have you done and your opinion

Default Ultimate Audio Thread, What have you done and your opinion

We have talked lots about modds that make the MPS go fast/handle/brake. BUT what about tho's things that make driving/cruising everyday a little bit more special? AUDIO and our favourite tunes playing out loud.

What have you done to your system that made it better, can be little bits or full pimped out. WE want your views and reviews . Photos are very welcome ..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

i have a pioneer TV with Rockford sub and speakers, lately my tunes have been the pit-bull album

I just put a 10" Fusion tube in the boot, still running the stock sub too... it was the only thing the Bose system was lacking was some real deep bass for the hip hop/rap I listen too...

best thing you can do even to a standard system . sound deaden it, you can use Dynamat superlight so its like 5-7kg max to do your doors. Than MDF speaker mounts, DO IT spend a weekend will make a big difference

You've done both the door frame and inner skin, Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    You've done both the door frame and inner skin, Luke?
    Yes. Doors close better and sound better when u close them

Boston Accoustics Pro60SE front splits
    Boston Accoustics SL65 2-way rears
    Hertz HDP4 4 channel amp
    Hertz HDP1 Mono bloc
    2 12" Earthquake Tremor-X in custom comp spec ported box

Listen to a lot of different types of music, a lot of hardstyle, hardcore, dubstep, DnB, trance, electro, some RnB. Basically everything. If its got a good beat and nice bass lines i'll listen to it.

Custom install? sound deadning? pics

It'll be all nicely hidden, only thing is I lose my boot because the box is massive. So you'll just see two subs when you open the boot. Amps are tucked away on the back of the rear seats. Sound deadning will come one day. I've got pics of all my gear sitting at home and they're on my thread for the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    It'll be all nicely hidden, only thing is I lose my boot because the box is massive. So you'll just see two subs when you open the boot. Amps are tucked away on the back of the rear seats. Sound deadning will come one day. I've got pics of all my gear sitting at home and they're on my thread for the car.
    Might not want to put amps there unless they have fans.. my rockford p500 amp was overheating badly and cutting out after just 25 mins of driving.

so i put perspex on the top of the amp and a pc fan to make it cooler.

now it dont cut out.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Very happy with my upgrade, went with....
    Speakers - Focal 165KRX2 Splits up front and a 33KX 13" Sub in the boot
    Input - Alpine 9887 w/ blue-tooth add on PLUS custom made car computer /w 7" touch screen (Plays MP3 and FLAC audio + videos + GPS etc)
    Amps - Older Focal 2.150 and 1.800
    Other stuff - Have Metra dash kit but it is ugly and has a few bugs... moving to a custom kanatecs install soon

Hertz HDP series are digital and have some fancy heatshrink and other bits to keep temps low. I was thinking on putting them on the parcel shelf but I don't really want people seeing the amps sitting there through the rear window. But they look so pretty cause the hertz logo has a nice orange glow :P

I have placed my amps under the 2 fronts seats (Orion XTRs) have just ordered ARC, Zapco made amps.Which will be tight cuz of teh lengh, if they dont fit under teh seats i will make a rear install for them.

Finally got my headunit today after waiting over a month. Hopefully get it done by the weekend and have some new boom. I'll put some pics up when its in, even though you won't see much of it

audio is done, everythings installed and sounding awesome. Best system i've put together so far if i may say so myself :P
    subs with not much room

Amps on the back of the seats

Head unit in

Speakers are in standard places with factory Bose covers

Jesus, not what you call subtle. Head-unit is nice.

I had...........

Kenwood DVD H/U
    4x MTX splits in front doors,
    2x Soundstream Tarantula T4-12 subwoofers,
    Soundstream 5 farad capacitor,
    Lanzar Opti-drive 2000d Monoblock running subs,
    Lanzar Opti-drive 500i running splits.

Went to a basic Autobarn sound-off and got 142.2 Db. Not bad considering the box wasn't fixed into the car and was also the wrong size for the subs.

Then I sold some of it to fund the turbo upgrade. Plus it weighed nearly 80Kgs.
    I've still got the splits, cap and H/U. It's ready for the Audi now. I just need my Soundstream Tarantula 2000rms amp fixed. The one with the big chrome spider on the top.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

can you still hear troy?...

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    audio is done, everythings installed and sounding awesome. Best system i've put together so far if i may say so myself :P
    subs with not much room

Amps on the back of the seats

Head unit in

Speakers are in standard places with factory Bose covers
    Try QED cables to your subs you wont believe the difference, tightens them up helps with control.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Just got a set of Scanspeak tweeters from... HASAUDIO cant say enough about them, great price and great after sales service. Paid sunday got them wednesday from NZ!!! If you know your car/home audio most times you make your own front stage from drivers you like, these guys have some good stuff. IF you dont know anything these guys offer great advice..... Thanks Hasaudio

Hasaudio Speaker Components - International Suppliers of Speaker Components and Speaker Kits
    Automotive Tweeters - Hasaudio

Got my tweeters,mids,drivers,amps installed. just got to install head unit. On Gen2 has anyone installed a 4 gauge wire through the fire wall?.. Anyone heard Seas L26ROY 10" 4 ohm Subwoofer before? would like someones opinion..Attachment 10206

OK i now have the wire through my fire wall... ITS EASY!!!!! take your glove box out you will see a plastic plug (on the gen 1's theres a wire harness runs through fire wall same spot) on the left side behind battery box (you can see this without taking the battery box out). Take the plug out drill through the plastic and cut a cross in the rubber and feed the wire through..it takes like 10-15 mins tops...

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

the guys in the US have issue's but we on the 'RIGHT SIDE' right hand side driving are blessed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast