User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate Audio Thread, What have you done and your opinion

Wait till you see the build I have coming...............................

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Wait till you see the build I have coming...............................
    Well come on!!!!!!!!! is it Sq or SPL?

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

No one see the colour change's? Dame...
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

SPL and WOW.

2x 12" Alpine Type R DVC subs
    2x Alpine amps.
    Custom boot install (a little over the top to be truly honest)
    (possible) custom front door install
    But no flashing lights, neon signs or smoke machines.

Can't wait to see that..

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    SPL and WOW.

2x 12" Alpine Type R DVC subs
    2x Alpine amps.
    Custom boot install (a little over the top to be truly honest)
    (possible) custom front door install
    But no flashing lights, neon signs or smoke machines.
    Nice Troy, mines going to be completely the other way.. SQ sub that hits 25hz F3 small sealed box .6 cubic ft. Fibre glass Box in the spare tyre in the boot looking stock

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    audio is done, everythings installed and sounding awesome. Best system i've put together so far if i may say so myself :P

Head unit in

Sorry to drag up an old thread - is this a China job off eBay? How's the functionality?

I'm tossing up between buying a JL CleanSweep or going with something like this...can anyone offer any words for or against either?

Default Re: Ultimate Audio Thread, What have you done and your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by slinz View Post
    Sorry to drag up an old thread - is this a China job off eBay? How's the functionality?

I'm tossing up between buying a JL CleanSweep or going with something like this...can anyone offer any words for or against either?
    Hey mate I got something similar which u might consider.
    Its off ebay a chinese one.. does the job its got usb satnav bluetooth and u can control from your steering controls. Only bad thing is u loose functionality of the aux out.. otherwise im glad I have it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360650533447.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	13680  

Yeah just a Chinese one, cost me $400 off eBay, fit is good, all controls work, has Bluetooth and all the bits and works great. Haven't had a problem with it all. Only thing is to set the time on the upper panel you need to unplug it from the back and plug it in at the right time. Otherwise im happy with it. Had another one in my old SP23 so decided to get another one when I bought the MPS. Bang for buck can't go wrong

Id wouldnt get one of these again cheap china made ones again. Do your self a favour buy a JVC or Pioneer or Alpine can get them cheap second hand for 300-400 and buy a double din Metra kit.............

This is what i have done, double din metra kit and Headunit and processor. Bought them from overseas (US or Japan) second hand both were to good to pass up

Next is a steering wheel controls module

Last edited by RedDjinn; 12-02-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks for the responses guys. Interesting that there's no real clear choice.

Has there been anyone who's used the JL CleanSweep with the stock head unit?

By all reports they seem to work pretty well, my only dilemma is that I'd prefer a head unit with iPod integration (and a DAC to take that job away from the iPod itself).

The Metra kit doesn't look half as shabby as I thought it would, so that could be an option...but then you're really getting ahead of the $200ish that a CleanSweep costs.

Really hoping to retain the steering controls too. Does the Chinese head unit include USB input for iPod etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by slinz View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. Interesting that there's no real clear choice.

Has there been anyone who's used the JL CleanSweep with the stock head unit?

By all reports they seem to work pretty well, my only dilemma is that I'd prefer a head unit with iPod integration (and a DAC to take that job away from the iPod itself).

The Metra kit doesn't look half as shabby as I thought it would, so that could be an option...but then you're really getting ahead of the $200ish that a CleanSweep costs.

Really hoping to retain the steering controls too. Does the Chinese head unit include USB input for iPod etc.?
    I have used teh cleansweep before with a standard mazda 3 head unit non bose. They work very good but your sound is only as good as the source unit. If you can spare an extra couple of hundred go a good source unit

If you want to listen to the Ipod you play it via bluetooth

I got a 07 mps 6 and installed a pioneer DVD player that replaced the standard head unit (had to get the after market facia which was expensive but came with the wiring to keep the steering wheel buttons working) replaced the factory speaker amp with a pioneer 4 channel (still left it under the seat though so its hidden), pulled out the standard factory sub and the rear plastic in the boot and got a custom box to get made up with 2 10" flat pannel subs that fitted in place and meant I only lost 10mm of boot space and power them with a pioneer mono block. Then got dyna Matt and placed it the whole way threw the rear panels to stop the panels vibrating to much with the sub. I kept the speakers as Bose because they are 2 ohm speakers and work well with the amp I got. The result is crystal clear sound no matter how loud it is (had it at a volume where you couldn't sit in the car it was that loud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	13733  

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    Hey mate I got something similar which u might consider.
    Its off ebay a chinese one.. does the job its got usb satnav bluetooth and u can control from your steering controls. Only bad thing is u loose functionality of the aux out.. otherwise im glad I have it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    Hey mate I was wondering if I cold get a bit more info off you for this? Like does it work along side your stock head unit or does it cut it out completely. I'm mainly just after a lye tooth option and I like the look of this fold away screen.
    thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12