User Tag List

Thread: 2011 MPS 3 Base model price

1. Question 2011 MPS 3 Base model price

Hey all,

New to the forum and currently looking at purchasing a gen 2 MPS 3. To cut a long story short, local dealer has a showroom 2011 model (non-luxury) and is asking $34,500. Now I'm just wanting to know if this is a good deal or not? I've had a look around online at Carsales etc and it does seem to be pretty good. However I do realise it's a non-lux model and with 2012 just around the corner it's almost a year old very soon.

If I do go ahead with the purchase, is there anything I should push for the dealer to throw in ie car mats, parking sensors etc?

I did do a search of the forum but didn't see any relevant posts too

Cheers!

I think that is great if that is new and driveaway

It is now the old model as there is no non-lux, lux anymore. Only one model.

But the changes in the new one are not worth it unless you want white.

good deal, or you could buy my 2010 Gen 2 Lux - that is like new for the same price

Quote Originally Posted by IBOMPS View Post
    good deal, or you could buy my 2010 Gen 2 Lux - that is like new for the same price
    you selling as well ? everyone seems to be jumping off the MPS ship. what are you planning on replacing it with ?
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by IBOMPS View Post
    Buy this one! The Lux models have some nice features like Bixenon HID's, certainly worth looking at now that the second hand market has a lot of them. Also when considering resale down the track, people might be more likely to go for the tricked up version. That does sound like a good price though, that new car feeling is hard to ignore. But if you're going to mod, the extra cash in the pocket is helpful. I wouldn't bother with the 2012 model, as above, only the colour is the big difference, plus the tight MaZda accountants took out the memory function in the seats >:-(
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

6. Default

Thanks for the input guys

Looking to buy new so will make another trip to the dealer soon and see how we go

How many k's has it done? If it's under 1000k's then BUY BUY BUY.

If it's over 1000k's then still BUY BUY BUY.

Make sure they throw in the boot liner, floor mats, parking sensors are for bad drivers. Always ask for onroads as well.

So, the new model mps from 2009 onwards is just the one model? There is no sports or luxuries models? Coz I know in the gen 1's there was a sports and luxury and for me who is also in the market would like to know.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So, the new model mps from 2009 onwards is just the one model? There is no sports or luxuries models? Coz I know in the gen 1's there was a sports and luxury and for me who is also in the market would like to know.
    Cheers.
    The Gen1's 2006 to 2008 Series 1 and 2 come in Pov Pack and the Sports and the Gen 2, Series 1 2009 to 2011 come in Pov Pack and Luxury and the new Gen 2, Series 2 from sept 2011 comes in Luxury Pack with some de features like electric seats for one ????
    Last edited by 240MPS; 29-11-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

10. Default

Quick follow up to this: ended up buying a BL series 2 in aluminium. Just got it a few days ago, like a kid in a candy shop atm