User Tag List

Thread: new guy from overseas! 2006 speed6!

1. Default new guy from overseas! 2006 speed6!

hey guys i'm new here from southern california! dropping in to see all of your mazdas!

here's a few shots of mine as it is currently. coilovers have since settled slightly lower!

let me know what you think! i'm looking for some MPS tail lights as well. if you haven't already noticed, the USDM ones bulge out. i'm hoping someone here has a stock set for sale!

Nice looking ride, the ride height and wheels makes it look good at all angles. I wouldn't have noticed I look at the overall stance

Looks great man! What wheels and coils you running?

Hey mate. your car is AWESOME. love it, it looks just right!
    where in southern Cali are ya from? I spent 3 weeks at Irvine working for a small place you might know of...
    Had my first experience of a Mazdaspeed 6 there!
    Hope you get some enjoyment seeing what us Ozzies have to ramble on about.
    talk Later.

Hi and Welcome

Very nice looking car you have there

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Quote Originally Posted by dterranova View Post
    hey guys i'm new here from southern california! dropping in to see all of your mazdas!
    In that case....G'DAY MATE!!!

Nice ride and nice stance, I would loose my bumper at that height but it looks great!

Welcome to ozMPSclub, knock yourself out on the forums buddy

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Cool ride mate, the best colour also I might add. How's the modding going? Presume you've done a few upgrades? Fuel pump? Cobb AB? There has been alot of chat about those lately here on the forum. Feel free to jump in and comment. Enjoy the forum and welcome!!

G'day mate, very nice speed 6. Actually, I think I was looking at images of yours via google just when I was purchasing my 6. What size and offset are those rims? Do you find they scrub out at all?

Welcome! That's awesome mate!
    I've the same questions that everyone has. What size and offset are you running? Did you roll the guards?

Cheers
    Last edited by ryancn; 10-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.

10. Default

First off, thank you all for the kind welcome to the forum! Sorry for not being on, I've been signing up for my next semester classes and what not.
    I'll try to answer a few questions:

I'm currently on BC Racing coilovers. The wheels are 18x9+43 Work Emotion XD-9's. The tires are stretched (slightly) and are Toyo Proxes 4's in 225/40/18. These tires are amazing and I highly recommend them to everyone! Yesterday I put some 5mm spacers on to get them sitting at +38 until I can afford a new set!

To make them fit I rolled, pulled, and cut a few spots with a dremmel to get things 'right'. I was afraid of doing the dremmel business, but it's necessary if you want to go at least +38 and go as low as my car is. There's a guy (username RhoadBlock) on the other Mazda forums who has a gnarlier set up...but he's the only one who's pulled it off :/

So to put it simply, I had to modify my fenders to fit and eliminate MOST of the rubbage...
    It is, however, a never ending battle, I swear lol. in the upcoming weeks I'll continue to work on the fenders and eliminate ALL of the contact spots.

*cough* bolt on overfenders *cough*

Agreed. If I had the cash, I would be going Carbon fibre Extra wide guards.. any one know who can mould these things up??
    As I asked before, where in southern Cali are you from dude? I may have a hookup at MNAO for you to go harrass, might be able to off load a few extra hints for ya!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    *cough* bolt on overfenders *cough*
    hahahahahahaha^^^ Well next year when I can afford bigger shoes for my car I will be contemplating this!

Spudspec
    Agreed. If I had the cash, I would be going Carbon fibre Extra wide guards.. any one know who can mould these things up??
    As I asked before, where in southern Cali are you from dude? I may have a hookup at MNAO for you to go harrass, might be able to off load a few extra hints for ya!

I'm in Temecula. It's near San Diego. And sadly I have not heard of anyone getting overfenders on a Speed6 yet. There is a car on mazdafitment.com that has them but he drives a Speed3. I feel like our platform has limited/expensive mods :/

Quote Originally Posted by dterranova View Post
    hahahahahahaha^^^ Well next year when I can afford bigger shoes for my car I will be contemplating this!

Spudspec

I'm in Temecula. It's near San Diego. And sadly I have not heard of anyone getting overfenders on a Speed6 yet. There is a car on mazdafitment.com that has them but he drives a Speed3. I feel like our platform has limited/expensive mods :/
    Ok Cool. Not sure if you have done it yet, But if you ever get the chance, we went up the ortega highway to lake elsinor. AWESOME road to drive on, and it happens to be where Mazda do a heap of testingof there prototypes. heaps of photographers go there, so for a laugh you should cammo up the speed6 and tape randome bits of cardbourd to the car, then go for a drive.. might see yourself in a magazine... Spy scoop..
    or if you get up to Irvine, drop into the MAzda headquarters there and try get a look at the race cars they have there. well worth it.

15. Default

Wow spectacular

16. Default

Got a couple more shots from the other day. Haven't been on because I've been working a lot lately.
    I need to resize my images before I upload them here!

On a side note, can anyone here help me get my hands on a set of tailights from your Australia spec MPS6's?
    Last edited by dterranova; 22-11-2011 at 05:28 AM.