User Tag List

Thread: Replacing Recirc hose

Default Replacing Recirc hose

Has anybody had to replace their recirc hose from their BPV.
    I went to put on my new turbosmart dual port today and due to the position of the outlet the recirc hose was kinked. I figured it was to long by a bit so cut a bit off (I will add here that this was done in the dark by iPhone light) and now is to short so had to make it full VTA. I would rather have it 50/50 but wondering if anybody has replaced the hose and where they got it and what they used. As I said it was dark and couldn't see after I cut it but I don't see it being hard to change?
    All Things 2XS

SURE sell one...

Not hard to replace... I think... it may be difficult to remove from the TIP with the TIP in the car...

Chris.

It's tough to answer without more detail. The fitment depends on the diameter of your TIP if it is non-stock, and how the BOV is oriented on your plumbing, if non-stock. For example, the Corksport TIP BP line is smaller diameter than stock, so a hose for a Turbosmart BOV has to be one diameter at the TS end and a smaller diameter at the TIP BP line end. I got a 90 degree Ford reinforced radiator hose from Supercheap auto that fits perfectly. Get off 100% VTA as soon as you can.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Off topic but just because I note it here on this page:

CHRIST I HATE these pop up adverts that expand to cover the text and then refuse to minimize without endless clicking on the X when after about 10 clicks it finally it will deign to revert to the side bar. What moron designed and/or permitted these?
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Stock tip for the moment...
    Have another TIP not far away pretty sure it's the SURE tip.
    Was reading that some of the guys in the states are using Samcosports superflex hose to replace there stock recirc hose but can't find it anywhere here in Australia.