User Tag List

Thread: Bluetooth Kits for 3MPS Gen 1

Cool Bluetooth Kits for 3MPS Gen 1

Hello all,

I'm after a phone Bluetooth kit for my gen 1. I am after one that installs into the dash and is well hidden. I don't want ugly boxes etc destroying my pretty!!

Anyone had one installed? If so, what type, how much etc??

Cheers!!

If you don't have iPhone/ iPod connectivity i would go with the xcarlink adaptor with Bluetooth option. It's amazingly integrated into your car, answer and hangup phone calls with volume buttons, aswell as controlling the phone only downside is that it will only work if you are using the correct AUX input selected on the stereo.

Otherwise use a parrot kit, you will need to mount the external controller but it works over any input, it just mutes the head unit and overlays the Bluetooth.

Hi Rayd,
    I have an iPhone but I like the sound of the xcarlink, can it be one with an iPhone?

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Sorry, just read your post properly! Disregard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi Rayd,
    I have an iPhone but I like the sound of the xcarlink, can it be one with an iPhone?

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Sorry, just read your post properly! Disregard!!
    No problems!

Let us know how it goes!

5. Default

I use the Belkin Aircast Auto Handsfree Bluetooth Car Kit

Ive got aircast too - put it in last weekend. Slight feedback at high volume during silent sections of music but overall good - and very neat to install!

i use the same and combined with iphone SIRI, its pretty damn awesome! had it for quite some time and purchased it brand new from catchoftheday a while back for $30!

My 4s siri wont work with the Aircast (supposed to work if you hold down the belkin button)? Or the double click belkin button to skip song track. Does yours?

yea i activate siri by holding down the belkin button for like 2seconds. and i just change songs with my phone (naughty i know)

Hmm. Strange. Might need a software update.

I change songs that way too - get an app called Flick Tunes, it allows you to control songs with swipe motions - Sony even have to look at phone.