User Tag List

Thread: CPE REM won't fit

1. Default CPE REM won't fit

Has anybody had this problem.

I own a MPS6 build 10/05 & decided to replace the rear engine mount with a CPE as original is on its way out.

The bolt that goes through the 'small' end of the mount will not fit. IE the thread is wider than the insert. I do not want to drill as I assume it is hardened & the heat generated may degrade the rubber.

Was thinking it was all too easy & should have done this ages ago

Thanks

That doesnt sound good, are you sure you've been sent the right part, maybe the MPS has a larger bolt that the normal 6. Either way I would avoid modifying the part until you have spoken to the supplier.

That's weird mate, mine went straight in...Got any pics of the mount?

Does this pic help at all?

I had a bit of trouble fitting my SURE mount in my 3 but that was because the subframe was a little out of alignment, I managed to wiggle everything together.

Is the bolt actually physically too big to fit through the hole, or is it just when it's in and the alignment is a little out of wack that it doesn't go in? With the mount removed will the bolt fit?

5. Default

Thanks. Got in contact with the supplier. Apparently CPE had a batch of rear mounts that did have the wrong insert placed inthe small end, hence why the standard Mazda bolt will not go through the hole (pretty poor quality control on CPE behalf I may add). Have been promised a new mount & to return the old one (all postage costs etc covered).

More annoying for the inconvenience than anything else.

Upgraded the brakes to DBA 4000 slotted (front) & hawk pads, haven't stood on them hard yet, but inital feel is nice & no noise .

Hi ROG, Good pics. What d you think of your mount? Happy with the outcome? Problems or vibes? What stiffness setting do you fit? Cheers )