User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gt3071r

Default Gt3071r

Item: Garrett GT3071R turbo charger
    Item Condition: Used, has done 3000k on low boost and low powered mps6
    Reason for selling: Change of build plans
    Price and price conditions: $1150.00 ono,postage to be paid by buyer.
    Extra Info:Turbo compressor housing has ATP anti surge machining. Turbo does not come with exhaust side housing. The coolant and drain hose that came with the turbo will be included, they have not been used, the drain line will only work on MPS3's (use original oil feed and drain on MPS6 ). Please pm me with any questions regarding fittment to mps's.
    Pictures: I will email interested people pics, my avator is the turbo for sale.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Just letting you all Know that the atp bolt on replacement turbo's are a great and well manufactured product, the price of mine from GCG turbos was $3200, its expensive but considering the unit is top of the line and the exhaust housing is a bolt in, its worth the convenience! The turbo came with all fluid lines and fittings however you will need cpe 4" inlet pipe for the gt30's. If you go the gt28 the inlet is 3". The anti surge isn't an option on the gt3071.

Small up date for anyone thinking about this turbo, things to consider! This turbo will bolt in to stock location with stock manifold and dp, the intake pipe will have to be replaced to a 4" cp-e type which will fit your stock air box, if the the car is a mps6 the supplied lines are useless and poor quality, the stock oil drain and feed tube can be retained but new coolant lines will have to be made (approx $280 from motorsport conections) and a fitting tapped into the egr housing. if the car is a mps6 expect to test your patiance if the motor is in the car at the time. If you want to run an after market dp keep in mind that shallow discharge housing & oversize wastegate means the wastegate will open past the flange into to exhaust bell mouth (corksport dp not suitable for this turbo) other then these small issues with fitting this turbo its great! I have done alot of supporting mods to retain alot of bottom end similar to stock and must say that Im extremely happy with the results and drivability of the car Hope this helpfull and if anyone is going down this path Im happy to answer any questions!
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 08-11-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Every man wants a turbo for xmas! lol

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Every man wants a turbo for xmas! lol
    I might... Depends how warranty claim goes with Mazda

Personally I'd love to have it, because on the Gen 2 it sounds like this 2011 MazdaSpeed3 Big Turbo - Flybys and Other Stuff (BlackBird).mov - YouTube

Jump to 2:30min mark to hear.

That whine sounds so much like a supercharged engine.

What's creating that? The turbo?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Personally I'd love to have it, because on the Gen 2 it sounds like this 2011 MazdaSpeed3 Big Turbo - Flybys and Other Stuff (BlackBird).mov - YouTube

Jump to 2:30min mark to hear.
    Sounds like you squeezing the hell out of a pigeon, no thanks
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post

Apparently its the anti-surge porting on the compressor housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Sounds like you squeezing the hell out of a pigeon, no thanks
    Get back in your cupboard, Gen 2 nazi
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

I can confirm mine sounds exactly the same.

Man oh man I wish mine sounded like that.

It can...

Man oh man I wish mine sounded like that.

Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Just looking into options of this vs BNR (just in case...)
    obviously the price of the turbo...
    also the 4" inlet: CP-E Nviscid Turbo Inlet Pipe 4" Inlet | MPS Garage (or get a friendly manufacturer in QLD to make me one )
    will i also need the coolant lines for a 3?

also, obviously this will require a tune as well?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Its not for everyone, not forcing anyone to buy it
    It isn't as simple as the the bnr to install but most of everyone here wouldn't have to change alot to get it in either, with the results like Rayd it would be fair to say you wont loose much! and once the car is set up for a garret the choices and service of garret turbos compaired to bnr would be my decider.
    With they way our parts are modular its not a massive job to make it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Its not for everyone, not forcing anyone to buy it
    It isn't as simple as the the bnr to install but most of everyone here wouldn't have to change alot to get it in either, with the results like Rayd it would be fair to say you wont loose much! and once the car is set up for a garret the choices and service of garret turbos compaired to bnr would be my decider.
    With they way our parts are modular its not a massive job to make it fit.
    i know, just thinking of possibilities with this + access port

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

DOIT SAMBO!!!! i would say go TH tune buddy, it will be safer for internals with that hoooooover in place

15. Default

Hi mate,

I am a member of the mpsowners.co.uk, and I have a Mazda 6 MPS. I am very much interested in your offering. I currently have a Corksport SRI and TIP, and custom 2.5" turboback exhaust with 100 CELL sports cat. With these mods, can I just bolt on the GT3071R without any additonal changes? I am not keen on extracting absolute peak performance for the turbo, but I would be happy if I get 70-80% of the power, if it saves me some money by not upgrading exhaust housing and coolant pipes etc.
    As you can guess, I am not very knowledgable about turbos, but my current turbo starts smoking after 5-10 mins, when i park my car at an incline/decline/angled. I have put in 5w40 oil, but it doesnt seem to have helped.. so I am afraid I would have to grab a turbo sooner or later. Also, are you open to sensible offer and what would be the approx cost of shipping to mainland UK?

BTW, is this the turbo you have? (since you mentioned ATP)
    http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=MS6

I am looking to go the Versatuner route with Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable to tune my car. Suggestions welcome!

Please let me know ASAP if possible.

Thanks,
    Shreyas
    Last edited by tranceporter; 15-11-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Im home! goods still for sale!

Is there a mechanic in Brisi that is good at/has done turbo swaps like this? What about fabricating new lines if required?
    Cheers!

What about Troy 2XS!!?

or chris at browns plains mechinical

Somebody buy this... must take the temptation away from me
    Cheers Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast