User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobb Access Port is coming to Australia

Default Cobb Access Port is coming to Australia

First and foremost……..I need volunteers (in Sydney) if we are going to make this work,

Now that I have your attention, there has been a recent push for Cobb to extend the AP support to Aussie MPS's, most of the drive behind this has come from Cosmic3MPS, who has been trying to get Cobb to support us Aussie battlers from the day the AP was released in the US market....well it seems that his persistence has paid off and Christian from Cobb is eager to get this underway from their end, however Cobb aren't able to just send us their units off the shelf, as the ECUs are of different spec between countries (as we have all found with the Hypertech).

So, I need volunteers to have their ECUs read by a special version of the AP unit that has been sent over for this particular purpose, if we can collect as much data as possible for Cobb, it will give them a better chance of making this happen for us.
    It doesn't matter if the cars are stock, have mods, or aftermarket tunes, Hypertech, Ecutek etc, as long as I am aware of this when reading the data, so that I can note it on the files Im sending over.
    It only takes about 10-15 mins for the device to read the file from the ECU, which is then emailed over to Cobb with some basic vehicle details and they can work on modifying their code to suit our ECUs

I require as many data samples of MPS3 (Gen 1 & Gen 2) and the MPS6 as possible, the reason for trying to collect as much data as possible is due to the different versions of Mazda software on our cars, the more data we can collect now improves the out of the box compatibility with the devices, and shows Cobb how keen we are to get the ball rolling on this.
    I will be (optionally) collecting names and basic contact details of those who participate in this data collection as there may be a discount or some other incentive offered from Cobb to those who are willing help out at this early stage (not promising anything though)

What is the AP?
    The Cobb AP (Access Port) is a full flash tuning device (e.g. Hypertech, ECUTEK), with the added ability to custom tune.
    There are plenty of OTS maps available for download from Cobbs website depending on vehicle mods, or with the free Access Tuner software a full custom dyno tune can be prepared, giving the AP unlimited possibilities, you can buy this as a Stage 1 mod, and keep it for all your tuning purposes up to a fully bolted, or built motor. The device can also be cabin mounted for full real time data display, data logging and CEL code recall and clearing.
    The Cobb AP is compatible with a variety of aftermarket intakes as well, so the AP isn't just made for Cobb equipped cars.

Here are some of the tuning features available through the Access Tuner Race software

AccessTUNER Race Features
    -Same tuning capabilities as our AccessTUNER Pro shop grade software
    -Access to multiple tables for full tuning control
    -Fuel
    -Ignition
    -Boost
    -Closed Loop
    -Idle
    -Sensors
    -Cam
    -Load
    -Limiters
    -Engine Revs
    -Maximum Speed
    -Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting settings
    -Integral Data logging: Unlimited data logging of multiple channels of data from the ECU for detailed analysis of engine performance
    -Integral Dashboard: Shows tuner chosen gauges to be displayed on-screen throughout the tuning process
    -Unit Conversion: Ability to easily convert between metric and standard units so the tuner can use units he/she is most familiar with
    -Map Database: Free access to the OTS map database from COBB Tuning that provide excellent starting points for specific modifications
    -Technical Support: Outstanding technical support from the software engineering team and our expert calibrators
    -Hot Keys: Convenient on-touch short-cut keys allow easy data manipulation of common tuning operations
    -Open WBO2 Interface: Integrates with a wide selection of Wideband O2 sensors
    -Embedded Stock Data: Stock tuning data (ROMs) are self-contained inside the software itself, providing the OEM baseline tune for each vehicle supported by the software
    -Manufacturer specific AccessTUNER Race Forum support
    -Share and change maps with other AccessTUNER Race users
    -COBB Tuning provided tuning documentation:
    -MAZDASPEED Tuning Guide
    -MAZDASPEED Help File: Table Descriptions and Tuning Tips for each Table

I also understand that Cobb are happy to support devices purchased from US suppliers, so that we aren't locked in to purchasing from local distributors.

For more info on the Cobb AP check out the Cobb Tuning website

CobbTuning.com - Mazda

I will keep you all posted about getting together to collect the data off those ECUs, we might even try and make it a bit of a club meeting depending on interest.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Reserved second post for my list of stunt dummy's, erm I mean, willing volunteers.

Me me

Im am 100% in for this.

I'd be super keen, but unfortunately I'm in Brisbane

5. Default

We have been trying for this for a long time, I have sent ECU's over to them, we have AP's here for the MPS's. But there's been the people behind it to get it off the ground.
    We need at least 100 people behind it. other wise COBB wouldn't look at it.
    We already have Nissan & Mitsubishi here & we have a list of new vehicles we would like to add. But its the same for each new car, other wise No AP.

Nice work. Hypertech, Versatune and now possibly Cobb, exciting times!

Like!!!!

Subscribing to thread...

I'm happy to be in it but of course am Perth based, as are so many other MPS6's (and 3's) who might also be willing participants.

In.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I'm sure there as a mass of Brisbane MPS owners who would be willing to throw their hat in the ring.
    Last edited by Ski82; 03-11-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Count me in

Maybe do a read of all the Sydney based members, and organise gatherings in other major centres to do reads from interested members.

We could coordinate a meetup in each location and try to read as many as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Maybe do a read of all the Sydney based members, and organise gatherings in other major centres to do reads from interested members.

We could coordinate a meetup in each location and try to read as many as possible.

I am happy to help if this happens, would be a good chance to get together with everyone in Perth.
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

I'm in, be great to have this little puppy on my 6!

I'd be happy to help out if theres something going down in brisbane!

happy to assist here!

I'm back in Sydney on Wednesday, happy to assist in whatever is needed...

Could do a mass read on the dyno day???

+1 for Brissy, if needed.

Wow!, awesome support for this already, thanks guys, this is the support we all know and love on this forum and will certainly help us get this moving along with Cobb, hopefully Christian from Cobb will drop in and elaborate a bit more on the specifics of the process from Cobbs perspective in making this work.

I am hoping the info I can collect locally will be enough for Cobb, I really appreciate the other states offering their cars for ECU dumps as well, I will keep everyone in the loop on this as much as possible, as it is probably one of the biggest tuning developments currently available for the MPS platform.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'm back in Sydney on Wednesday, happy to assist in whatever is needed...

Could do a mass read on the dyno day???

Sam, you have read my mind, as soon as I saw the dyno day thread I thought exactly the same thing, and will be posting in there soon enough, it will also be a good chance for people to see the fabled device first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    I'm in, be great to have this little puppy on my 6!
    rayd, I will be in contact with you very soon, as I believe you are pretty close to my work (Silverwater) so we can hopefully meet up soon.

At this stage I have the AP on its way to me, I should be receiving it early next week, a bit of a quick software install, familiarization etc, and I'll be up and running before long.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

im keen from brisbane as ii have a fair few mods too... i got the torque app now working so data logging here i come.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast