User Tag List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobb Access Port is coming to Australia

I'm gonna guess my car being ECUTEK tuned will mean AP won't work with it?

No reason it wouldn't, I would imagine you could just copy your ECUTEK tune to the AP as your stock tune, then chop and change as you desire.

I can give the initial ECU read a go next weekend if your keen Reedy, I dont think at this stage it is recording the tune, more so just the basic Mazda software version info.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    No reason it wouldn't, I would imagine you could just copy your ECUTEK tune to the AP as your stock tune, then chop and change as you desire.

I can give the initial ECU read a go next weekend if your keen Reedy, I dont think at this stage it is recording the tune, more so just the basic Mazda software version info.
    Mine got plugged into a Mazda computer yesterday, so if you are feeling lazy and don't want to take the hypertech off, mine I'd running stock tune

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'm going to give mine a go with and without the Hypertech tune, just for the sake of trying, could very well be reading the same data for both.

The latest Mazda software ID for the Gen1 3 MPS in Australia is L34L-18881-J.

Accompanying current firmware version is L34LEJ000L3T6050.

Hope that helps

I dont think so, Im sure the Ecutek tune is password protected.

I would say its password protected from letting other ECUTEK users steal tune files, but to copy to and from the ECU I wouldn't imagine there being any encryption, besides cant Mazda overwrite the ECUTEK with their software updates.

I got a Gen II here you can read off
    and a mate has a Gen 1

Could maybe line up another gen1 and genII

but thats if your down wollongong way

we should just organise a big cruise again and do it all there

No, I dont think Mazda can overwrite it.
    I remember reading about an STI owner that was advised to go in to the dealer for some sort of ECU software update. The dealer could not connect with the ECU to do this.
    Last edited by Cton; 12-11-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Not a worry, my Australian language skills are poor. Every time I try to practice my Australian here by telling my American friends that I am off to get pissed (drunk)...they all look at me funny. Why am I telling them I am off to go get angry.?.?

Not a problem. I am excited to finally get to follow through on this project!

Sounds good, so at this point in time...
    SarcasticOne Owes COBB (Christian) = 1 beer.

I will do my best to keep the tallies accurate from here on out.

Take care,
    Christian.
    Also "rooting" for your sports team means something a bit different here too lol

We are very excited to. I for one will be doing what I can to help were I can

Once this is going I think we all owe you a beer
    Last edited by cletusb; 12-11-2011 at 09:40 PM.

OK here is another pic, reading the ECU (yes I know my car is dirty)

Everything has gone very smoothly, I have taken two files from my car and saved them one as stock tune and one as Hypertech tune (no real reason for taking both files, just because I can), the files are only about 300k in size, the reading process takes around 25 mins, then its a simple case of copying the file to the PC, or Mac using the AP software (yaaay to Cobb for Mac support ).

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post
    I got a Gen II here you can read off
    and a mate has a Gen 1

Could maybe line up another gen1 and genII

but thats if your down wollongong way

we should just organise a big cruise again and do it all there
    thanks buzurk, I will see how many I can grab on Saturday, Happy to come down the the gong if need be to do the reads.

The word from Christian is that we require about 3-4 reads from each generation of MPS3 and the MPS6, to get things going in the world of Cobb.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Huge yeeha to Mac support! Not that I need an AP anyway but still great to see!

Yes you do Cton, you just dont know it yet.

Everything has gone very smoothly, I have taken two files from my car and saved them one as stock tune and one as Hypertech tune (no real reason for taking both files, just because I can), the files are only about 300k in size, the reading process takes around 25 mins, then its a simple case of copying the file to the PC, or Mac using the AP software (yaaay to Cobb for Mac support ).

thanks buzurk, I will see how many I can grab on Saturday, Happy to come down the the gong if need be to do the reads.

The word from Christian is that we require about 3-4 reads from each generation of MPS3 and the MPS6, to get things going in the world of Cobb.
    it's ok, we'll forgive your dirty car
    getting the 3's should be easy enough... might have to send it to WA (land of the 6's) for the rest though... not sure how easily we can get the 6's...

Yes you do Cton, you just dont know it yet.
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

A few 6s including me in Melb... don't want this to happen and leave the 6 behind

16. Default

I have not seen any ROMs come in for a few days so please be sure to get those sent off to christian.krahenbuhl@cobbtuning.com ASAP. Thanks greatly!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I'm gonna guess my car being ECUTEK tuned will mean AP won't work with it?
    I cannot speak for what any other MGF is doing, but my assumption is that the AP will be able to DL a ECUTek or Hyptertech ROM, but we will not be using that data. We have extensively modified the stock MPS ROMs to the point where we've added LC/FFS, super fast datalogging, fast flashing, pressure-based boost control, individual cylinder ignition adjustments, etc. From what I can tell, we are pioneering the efforts for this platform and should not have much need for any ROMs besides stock.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Mine got plugged into a Mazda computer yesterday, so if you are feeling lazy and don't want to take the hypertech off, mine I'd running stock tune
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    The latest Mazda software ID for the Gen1 3 MPS in Australia is L34L-18881-J.

Accompanying current firmware version is L34LEJ000L3T6050.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    No, I dont think Mazda can overwrite it.
    I remember reading about an STI owner that was advised to go in to the dealer for some sort of ECU software update. The dealer could not connect with the ECU to do this.
    What ECUTek does for the Subaru ECU is very different than what they can do for the MPS ECU. I don't know their full capabilities, but I believe that any ECU writer can overwrite the MPS ECU. That is something that we've thought about with the AccessPORT...it can DL your existing ROM in full so you can store it or reflash it back on your ECU if you choose to unistall the ECU. That way if you sell your car and put it back to stock, the AP can reprogram the car with your ROM or a generic stock ROM so you can sell the car in an unmodified state.

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    A few 6s including me in Melb... don't want this to happen and leave the 6 behind
    Please...we need to see about 3-4 ROMs for the MPS6 as well.

Thanks greatly sir, please email me those ROMs as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Also "rooting" for your sports team means something a bit different here too lol

We are very excited to. I for one will be doing what I can to help were I can

Once this is going I think we all owe you a beer
    Rooted, duly noted. I will be careful to use that appropriately. Thus far I don't want to get so pissed that some one roots me while I am passed out.

So the tally thus far is:
    SarcasticOne Owes COBB (Christian) = 1 beer.
    cletusb Owes COBB (Christian) = 1 beer.

We should have some more good news for you here shortly. I will try to get the exciting announcement out before our weekend hits.

Take care,
    Christian.

good info Christian!
    I'm jealous of the FFS and LC! That is something I wish my Ecutek tune had.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    good info Christian!
    I'm jealous of the FFS and LC! That is something I wish my Ecutek tune had.
    For those of us who aren't up to date on this stuff, guessing lc is launch control, what is ffc?

Flat foot shifting.

Just buy a WOTBOX Cton, very easy to wire up and they work really well, are you coming on Saturday, I'll give you a quick demo of mine.....ahem , I mean, you really should ditch the ECUTEK buy an AP for those additional features, or better still keep the ECUTEK tune and run the AP on top of it (if possible)

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast