User Tag List

Thread: Car vibrating on idle.

1. Default Car vibrating on idle.

Hey people, just wondering if it's normal for my 06 mps 3 to vibrate a fair bit on idle? I highly doubt it's anything I'm hoping not!

Any input would be good, thanks!

Have you got an aftermarket rear engine mount or downpipe?

Most rear engine mounts that are aftermarket may cause an annoying vibration on idle which can be eliminated with some soft revving.

i had a issue like this and found a boost leak.

If you have just bought the car, I suspect the previous owner fitted an aftermarket rear engine mount.
    The vibes are annoying, but the improvement in gear shift feel far outweighs the negatives

Something like a crook mount may make a vibration more obvious but may not be the primary source. Check for after market fitments and for any dubious fiddling by previous owner first. Then run it to Mazda for a hookup to their computer via the Access Port. That will be the quickest and ultimately cheapest way of getting any tune issues sorted such as crook plugs or plug top discharge units, MAF issues, even a seriously dirty or blocked air-filter, etc. Also check your harmonic balancer, and aircon clutch, pulley and idler assemblies. I got a good vibration out of the aircon belt tensioner pulley once due to a failed bearing at 30,000km.

If the car has been really hammered, then a clutch issue might be a candidate but I'd put it at the bottom of the list otherwise.

Does it vibrate only at idle? What happens on gentle rev up through a range of rpm?

NOTE: These comments made without knowing your service history or kms run, but as an '06 car I guess you might have 50-60K on the odometer.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Cribs, mine's an '06 and I've racked up double that. Currently sitting on 120,000kms. For the life of the vehicle it's never had a vibration issue, only when the SURE REM went in.

My God the vibrations...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

7. Default

Hey guys thanks for the response, car is stock all the way no mods.
    It's only a slight vibration which I can handle i just got a little curious.
    Car has done 69,000km and is due for a service pretty soon too.

Also when should the major service be done? 80k or 100k? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Also, anyone know what the cause of my driver side power window not going up automatically?
    I was installing a system and blew the fuse for the driver side window but after relacing it, it wont go up automatically.

pull up on the power window switch until it goes CLICK CLICK CLICK.

release and then auto should work just nice

Ice