User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

Default Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

Hi all,

Whiteline are about to release a new suspension componant for the Gen 2, its an Anti Lift Kit.

What will it do? During braking and accelerating more compliant suspension will be induced with this kit fitted.

There are a number of benefits to this:

The wheel will be able to track the tarmac more precisely.
    In terms of balance, the front end will have a proportionally lower roll resistance during traction or braking.
    It aids in reducing the power understeer effect that is present in the Gen 2 which results in a better handling vehicle.
    Caster gains resulting in a sharper, more precise steering feel.

MRT Perfomance expect to take delivery within the next few weeks but stock is limited as the first batch has almost sold out. They retail for $263. MRT will allocate a set to you for a $50 deposit on a first in best dressed basis.

I have attached an image of what on looks like. You can see how its fully adjustable, like most of Whitelines stuff. I am hoping it will compliment the Whiteline Swaybars nicely. Click on the link for more info on the Swaybars http://www.youtube.com/user/Brettmiddleton#p/search/4/qICIaxEbsUU

MORE MPS parts and resources here http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/product-detail?part_number=mps&clear_mm=yes

TK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KCA428.JPG 
Views:	305 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	9915

2. Default

anti lift kit

Wow check out those MRT prices. Any higher and they be touching the clouds.

That pic supplied must be incorrect? It doesn't look like it will adjust castor as it ain't offset at all. Unless the outer bracket is holding the bush more lower and outwards compared to the oem one?

I'm guessing they will match gen 1?

Fulcrum/SuperPro already make these. Been out for years now.
    I've had them fitted to mine and sold them to alot of others.

Are they just 2 bushes? Or a 4 bush kit?

What component/s does this replace? Is it simply a suspension bushing replacement? Reversible? Easily done or do you need to bin the oil filled bushings to fit them? Does it have much of an effect on Ride Quality/NVH?

Less Lift and More Caster would be welcome on my car but I don't yet understand where this fits in the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    What component/s does this replace? Is it simply a suspension bushing replacement? Reversible? Easily done or do you need to bin the oil filled bushings to fit them? Does it have much of an effect on Ride Quality/NVH?

Less Lift and More Caster would be welcome on my car but I don't yet understand where this fits in the scheme of things.
    It is a non reversable mod.
    Binning the oil filled items.
    I know the Fulcrum ones can be set from anti-lift to extra castor and anything in between.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    It is a non reversable mod.
    Binning the oil filled items.
    I know the Fulcrum ones can be set from anti-lift to extra castor and anything in between.
    And if anyone (workshop) tell's you otherwise there wrong. I was told by 2-3 places that the bushes weren't anti lift for the MPS but after i talked one into having a closer look at my car and the possible installation they believe that they can be set to 100% anti-lift, without much effect with turn in.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

How do you adjust them? Is it doable at home?

The fulcrum one is not reversable, it is an offset bush the replaces the oem bush. but being offset means it can be adjusted for anti-lift and castor.
    The whiteline one is reversable, it is a regualr bush in a offset bracket, making the bush lower than stock. it is non adjustable.

How do you adjust them? Is it doable at home?
    The Fulcrum one can be done at home (If you have a press)

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    Wow check out those MRT prices. Any higher and they be touching the clouds.

That pic supplied must be incorrect? It doesn't look like it will adjust castor as it ain't offset at all. Unless the outer bracket is holding the bush more lower and outwards compared to the oem one?
    YES, the pic is deceptive, I have Seen the physical part and its IMPRESSIVE!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm guessing they will match gen 1?
    Unfortuntaly not.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Fulcrum/SuperPro already make these. Been out for years now.
    I've had them fitted to mine and sold them to alot of others.

Are they just 2 bushes? Or a 4 bush kit?
    2 bush kit

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

It is a suspension bush replacement which is reversable. It is a simple fit and it makes very little difference to ride quality (so im told).

Is this also supposed to help with the uneven tread wear problems the Gen2's face? Or can someone explain in lamans what i'm supposed to do here...am about to invest in new tyres and want to make sure i get some value in them this time. I do have coil-overs set fairly low as well...

The anti-lift kit does exactly what it says, anti-lift. Or more castor if you set it that way.

The tyre wear the Gen 2s have is all rear end related.
    You can adjust camber and toe together from factory.

Fitting rear camber or toe adjusters allow you to adjust the values separately from each other.
    This will give you 0 toe and 0 camber if required.
    From standard, if you reduce the toe to 0, camber will be increased, wearing tyres on the inside egde.
    Reduce the camber to 0 and the toe becomes increased, wearing the whole tyre.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

15. Default

Hi everyone I just got an update from the Whiteline warehouse.
    These kits were ETA prior Xmas, and actually earlier, but due to overwhelming demand of similar products for other models the delivery date for these are now set for February.
    Sorry.

These parts are fully adjustable and will replace the (bush only) insert by Whiteline and Superpro.
    They will fit Gen 2 only

Those of you who have ordered and paid a deposit for guaranteed first delivery, please contact me, or you can wait and be the first to get them.

cheers

Brett

I can get the SuperPro kit, if anybody wants it before Xmas.

Getting mine from 2XS today

I can get the SuperPro kit, if anybody wants it before Xmas.
    How much is that shipped to Sydney?

Bump...

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Bump...
    Are these still available? I can't seem to find them anywhere.......... @2XS @RedDjinn
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast