User Tag List

Thread: Newish member: Hey to all!!!

1. Default Newish member: Hey to all!!!

Hey all, just a quick hello and intro to myself. Just got myself a 3 mps, (1st turbo) absolutely love the car just come out of an sp20 so massive jump! Lol not going to do big mods at this stage just prob put some suspension and would love it to have a nice note (nice exhaust tune not excessively loud or droning but something that sounds mean when your on it) and prob just a bov so would love to hear from you guys for some tips.
    Thanks guys, talk soon

Welcome, I suppose coming from a SP20 to a MPS 3 is a huge MOD so yes the suspension is in order even though i thought the std was great bar the front shocks..

welcome mate!
    bov i'll definitely go for hks ssqv, love that sound

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase!

5. Default

Thanks for the welcome guys, yeah my front shocks are definitely nupas the best and starting to clunk a bit so it has to be a first. I dont mind the standard height though but will have to upgrade, standard just not up to scratch.
    Thanks for the tip on bov, I will definetly check it out.
    Any tips on exhaust??

welcome dude, the HKS is a great BOV (got one on mine) but have a read on here about running any type of BOV and if your wanting to go plumb back or atmospheric. I'd suggest going for an SRI and TIP, nice spooling sound and some gains to be had. As for the exhaust, i'd probably go to a shop and see what they have on offer, seems that a few of the aftermarket made ones are probably a little louder than you want. Im the same as you, i'd want something pretty quiet and meaty when you get into it.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy that new car too

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    welcome dude, the HKS is a great BOV (got one on mine) but have a read on here about running any type of BOV and if your wanting to go plumb back or atmospheric. I'd suggest going for an SRI and TIP, nice spooling sound and some gains to be had. As for the exhaust, i'd probably go to a shop and see what they have on offer, seems that a few of the aftermarket made ones are probably a little louder than you want. Im the same as you, i'd want something pretty quiet and meaty when you get into it.
    +1

i have a hks ssqv in my car but currently facing a problem which could prabably due to the BOV, so i recommend you do a bit of research before any decision made.
    although the ssqv really make a great sword sound which i love the most compare to the other BOVs but i have to replace it with the stock one now.
    i think if you want a BOV just for the sound effect (like i did ), a pod filter will do .
    it'll enlarge both the air sucking sound and the blow off sound and you also gain some performance as well.

Welcome and enjoy!

Take the opportunity to read up on here and learn, you'll find a heap of information. If the site search engine doesn't get you what you want use Google and specify to only search within ozmpsclub.com

More Members!! (like), welcome Mpsme

welcome to ozmps

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Welcome and enjoy!

Take the opportunity to read up on here and learn, you'll find a heap of information. If the site search engine doesn't get you what you want use Google and specify to only search within ozmpsclub.com
    good one!

13. Default

There is definitely alot to look into, think my best bet is to do some reading!! Thanks for giving me some direction, definetly helped me out!
    Cheers guys, plenty of info to be found on here!