User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLX Kiwi Bluetooth $99

Default PLX Kiwi Bluetooth $99

its on special now and delivery is $20. the Aussie dollar is super strong

PLX Kiwi Bluetooth OBD2 SCANNER GAUGE Diagnostic Droid | eBay

The Kiwi accent would drive me insane! lol

How much is the Wifi one? The BT ones are good but don't work with the iPhone, and have less bandwidth. Wifi costs more, but they are better.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago, it works brilliantly.
    eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Looks exactly the same as a PLX wifi.

Might have to buy one myself Reedy. Less than half the price of the Kiwi PLX WiFi

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Looks good Reedy, what software are you using with yours ?

the bluetooth works for andriod, whereas the wifi is for apple - thats the impression I got anyway.

I bought the unit and will be using it with Torque for andriod

I've been after a wifi one..the but the cost of the units are bit extreme.

That one doesn't look too bad. Does it work with Dashcommand on the iPhone ?

PLX is one of the better units out there, be it wifi or bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    I've been after a wifi one..the but the cost of the units are bit extreme.

That one doesn't look too bad. Does it work with Dashcommand on the iPhone ?
    I use REV with the iPhone, it actually recognizes it as a Kiwi device, all you need is to be able to program the app with the ip address of the device, it couldn't be simpler.

It's annoying that I can't log fuel pressure with REV tho, I am not sure if that's a hardware or software thing. I might give Dash Command a try.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    the bluetooth works for andriod, whereas the wifi is for apple - thats the impression I got anyway.

I bought the unit and will be using it with Torque for andriod
    Not quite the case but close. The wifi ones will work with android too (better in fact, higher bandwidth), the bluetooth ones only work with android because apple are a bag of dicks about allowing access to their bluetooth interface, its the same reason why iPhones didn't work properly with the bluetooth audio in our cars (and still doesn't work fully).
    Last edited by Reedy; 01-11-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Cool..thanks.. I've ordered one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Not quite the case but close. The wifi ones will work with android too (better in fact, higher bandwidth), the bluetooth ones only work with android because apple are a bag of dicks about allowing access to their bluetooth interface, its the same reason why iPhones didn't work properly with the bluetooth audio in our cars (and still doesn't work fully).
    yes true, however most andriod apps dont use wifi to communicate with the device. but best to check with the app you are going to use. I'm pretty sure this is the case for Torque for andriod.

another benefit for the PLX device is you can turn off the transmission so it doesn't use battery power when not in use

unless you root the android phone else PLX bluetooth is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    yes true, however most andriod apps dont use wifi to communicate with the device. but best to check with the app you are going to use. I'm pretty sure this is the case for Torque for andriod.

another benefit for the PLX device is you can turn off the transmission so it doesn't use battery power when not in use
    Torque can use wifi, was seriously considering one before I got a Bluetooth unit... But price difference was too much
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

yea even at $150 they have the wifi its too much for what it does. I dont think Id mind the slower response, we'll see

Yea I preferred to use an $8 Bluetooth reader and a laptop than pay $150 + $40 for a wifi one and iPhone app, when I found that $60 wifi one I changed my mind tho, especially after being tortured by the absolutely terrible software that you need to run on a laptop. OMG it's bad. REV/Torque/Dashcommand all work really well on smartphones but the windows software is absolute shite.
    Last edited by Reedy; 02-11-2011 at 03:30 PM.

The only software I like on the windows platform so far is 'ScanXL'. The extra Mazda add-on pack only works for the Gen 1, but the rest of the stuff is pretty cool.

got my unit today. will be using torque. theres mazda specific pid plugin available http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...available.html

Still waiting on mine to arrive.

Well ive tried Scanx and Dashcommand on the laptop with the Bluetooth adapter, i've tried Rev and Dashcommand on my iphone with the wifi adapter and NOTHING WILL ****ING LOG MY ****ING FUEL ****ING PRESSURE.

Seriously, WHAT THE ****?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast