User Tag List

Thread: Installed CP-E Transmission mount, getting loud husky vibration sounds

Default Installed CP-E Transmission mount, getting loud husky vibration sounds

Hi Guys, After installing the CP-E transmission mount on my 2006 3MPS, I've been getting a very loud, husky sound coming from the transmission mount area. The sound seems to go away when the clutch is depressed or I am accelerating, but when I am coasting in gear, the sound appears, and it is louder when I am coasting on a lower gear (higher revs).

I've tightened every nut and bolt as tight as possible with loctite. There are two nuts on the back that are at 90 degrees to each other (one screwed down, the other screwed towards the front), and they appear to be very close, almost touching. If these nuts were to be in contact, that could be the source of the sound, but I'm not too sure.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this one?

2. Default

Where are you located....?
    I also noticed alot of new sounds but they seem to be settling down

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Hills District, Sydney
    Car also sounds like a truck when idling, particularly when the AC is on.

I have the SU mounts and there was quite a lot of drive train noise when they were first installed, I still get a bit of gearbox whine even after having them in for about a month, vibes have settled down a lot though.

When you say you did every bolt as tight as possible with loctite, did you tighten the bolts with a torque wrench, to the specified torque, or did you just go for the popping the vein in you forehead tight bolts, if its the latter you may be experiencing extra vibes due to the bolt torques, sequence and torque are both critical when doing any engine mount on these cars.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    When you say you did every bolt as tight as possible with loctite, did you tighten the bolts with a torque wrench, to the specified torque, or did you just go for the popping the vein in you forehead tight bolts, if its the latter you may be experiencing extra vibes due to the bolt torques, sequence and torque are both critical when doing any engine mount on these cars.
    It was the latter because I was under the impression that any looseness will cause vibration. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the instructions mentioned anything about tightening bolts to a specific torque.

Not having any first hand experience with the cp-e side mounts I cant say, but they have been good with that sort of info in the past, although their quality and attention to detail seems to have gone downhill in recent years.

Here is a pic of the Mazda specified torque settings for the factory mounts, this should help a bit.

7. Default

Did you also leave in that black thing with weights on it ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Come to think of it, no I did not. It was actually touching another metal component when I installed it with the new mount so I thought it would rub against it and cause vibrations.

I'll try fitting the black weight thing back on, and re-torquing the bolts to the specified amount. Do you think putting in the black thing will make a big difference?

9. Default

There are little things like that all over the very and they are there to absorb vibrations.... So im told

Sent from my GT-I9100T