User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MPS Gen 2 Downpipes

Default MPS Gen 2 Downpipes

Hey guys,

I know this questions has been asked a million times, but I'm after advice on which is the best downpipe to purchase from people that have used them.

One which has no issues, is a quality product, easiest to install, good product support, good pricing.

There is so many options and you dont really know untill you try one.

MRT
    CES
    Turbo XS
    CP-e
    COBB
    Best Mufflers

I think buying local is the best option for any issues and to support local business.

I would get a 2XS one (Twin Outlet)

I like the build quality of the CP-e one but mine gave me a check engine light recently that's been a bit of a bugger. It's a harmless CAT efficiency related CEL so not really a problem but annoying nonetheless.

All aftermarket DP's will have a chance of throwing CEL's tho, if anything I would recommend you get one that doesn't need to be cut up and re-welded just to replace the cat, if there's one that it can just bolt in and out of then get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post
    MRT
    CES
    Turbo XS
    CP-e
    COBB
    Best Mufflers
    MRT - Link?
    CES - Twin DP - Do not buy one. If you do, I will hunt you down. You can buy mine, pretty much the same thing, but, mine bolt's directly to the std system and the CES one is alot dearer. (Yes, I used to work there)
    TurboXS - Made in China, enough said.
    Cp-e - Single DP - Very well made, comes at a price.
    Cobb - Single DP - Well made, for a single outlet style DP.
    Best Mufflers - Single DP - CELs are a definate for the Gen 2.

Others not listed

Corksport - Twin DP - Well made, good price, flawed when it comes to the design. The stepped section is too aggressive.
    2XS - Twin DP - Best value for maximum Kw. I've tried to keep the cost below that of even the BM item.
    Last edited by 2XS; 02-11-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Cp-e _ Twin DP - Well made, good price, flawed when it comes to the design. The stepped section is too aggressive.
    CP-e for gen-II is a Twin DP???
    Stepped section? thats the section steppping down diameter just before the stock (or other) remainder of the exuast, correct?

From others impressions I would have gone wits a 2XS Twin DP (if i had not already ordered CP-e....)
    Last edited by Dices; 02-11-2011 at 02:44 AM.
    Dices......shoosh now Marty......

2010 BL 3 MPS Lux - MPS-101 | CP-e SRI, TIP, TMIC, DP| CS Air Box | Cobb AP | Autotech HPFP internals
    Turbosmart Dual Port BPV | REM 60 Durio | Dashmate-mat | Lakin | Carbon vinyl M | Sharks fin | therpmstore gas struts
    Tints, Dark | Tail Lights Tinted | Rear Reflector LED's | Twin DRL's | Mirrors w/ turn signal LEDs

Not Installed yet : Prosport Boost, Water & EGT | Fog HID's

WISH list : Springs | New Rims | Big Brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Dices View Post
    CP-e for gen-II is a Twin DP???
    Stepped section? thats the section steppping down diameter just before the stock (or other) remainder of the exuast, correct?

From others impressions I would have gone wits a 2XS Twin DP (if i had not already ordered CP-e....)
    Sorry, Corksport is twin DP.
    CP-e is same as BM item.

Yes, the stepped section is where it gets larger.

Post editted.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

So far 25,000k and cpe has not thrown a cel. Originally installed at 5000k. Well made pipe IMO.

8. Default

MRT = ?
    CES =we have add CEL's on GENII before
    Turbo XS =CEL's on both GEN's & dosn't fit properly
    CP-e = NO CEL's a 20% power increase on average on both GEN's & a lifetime warranty. Cast bellmouth design, which deliver's the best power for internal wastegate turbo's.Catt passes California emission laws, which are above Aust.
    COBB =same design as the CP-e just with a different Catt & still meet Aust emissions.
    Best Mufflers =CEL's on GENII
    CorkSports =Value for money, but uses standard Catt

We offer the CP-e supplied & fitted for $1500.
    Just need to call & book in.

MRT - Link?
    CES - Twin DP - Do not buy one. If you do, I will hunt you down. You can buy mine, pretty much the same thing, but, mine bolt's directly to the std system and the CES one is alot dearer. (Yes, I used to work there)

2XS - Twin DP - Best value for maximum Kw. I've tried to keep the cost below that of even the BM item.
    Hi 2XS, I have had a look in the forums and cant find the price for your Twin DP, can you please let me know, also is it in stainless steel? and is there an extension kit for the O2 sensor, or will you give us instructions on how to do that if we buy from you ?

I got a 3 MPS gen 2 is there any problems with CELS on this model ?

Cheers
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    Hi 2XS, I have had a look in the forums and cant find the price for your Twin DP, can you please let me know, also is it in stainless steel? and is there an extension kit for the O2 sensor, or will you give us instructions on how to do that if we buy from you ?

I got a 3 MPS gen 2 is there any problems with CELS on this model ?

Cheers
    Mine is in mild steel.
    Extending the O2 sensor is easy, if you know what you are doing, or use an auto eleccy.
    It is $900 including postage.

I've fitted mine to Gen 2s and had no CELs with other mods including my FMIC and SRI.

Depending on other mods, you can possibly get a CEL regardless of mods (only on Gen 2) Even without mods, Gen 2s can get a CEL.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

do u need an ecu retune for downpipe upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by kippo View Post
    do u need an ecu retune for downpipe upgrade?
    No..

thanks
    coz' i was told it will cause boost spike

Quote Originally Posted by kippo View Post
    thanks
    coz' i was told it will cause boost spike
    A poorly designed DP can cause boost spike.
    A bad tune can cause boost spike.

A restrictor pill will cause boost spike.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

MRT - Link?
    TurboXS - Made in China, enough said.
    Cp-e - Single DP - Very well made, comes at a price.
    Cobb - Single DP - Well made, for a single outlet style DP.
    Best Mufflers - Single DP - CELs are a definate for the Gen 2.

Others not listed

Corksport - Twin DP - Well made, good price, flawed when it comes to the design. The stepped section is too aggressive.
    They did have the prices on the website for the MRT downpipe but cant seem to find it now but it was under $1000. Here's the link to the you tube vid of it Mazda 3 MPS Gen 2 Pt 4 exhaust test. - YouTube

What the difference between yours and the CES downpipe? Other then it being stainless?

Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post
    They did have the prices on the website for the MRT downpipe but cant seem to find it now but it was under $1000. Here's the link to the you tube vid of it Mazda 3 MPS Gen 2 Pt 4 exhaust test. - YouTube

What the difference between yours and the CES downpipe? Other then it being stainless?
    I've designed mine to bolt up to the original system.
    The CES item doesn't. You need to buy their system.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Yours replaces both cats doesn't it 2xs?

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Yours replaces both cats doesn't it 2xs?

Yes, with 1 cat.

i have a gen 1 and have CES stainless sytem. only ever thrown 1 cel and once removed it's never come back.

i dont have the resonator installed thou, only muffler and hiflow cat. not extremely loud only on cold start.

i have seen troys and it's basicly the same just mild steel, im personaly not a fan of using mild steel. i met troy at ces and didnt know about 2xs racing. i would recommend his sytem it has had alot of R&D in the design.

Yes, with 1 cat.
    Cheers troy....early Xmas present is tempting

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    im personaly not a fan of using mild steel. i met troy at ces and didnt know about 2xs racing. i would recommend his sytem it has had alot of R&D in the design.
    Hey mate, what diff does mild steel make? Just durability?
    Cheers

Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast