User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPS Gen 2 Downpipes

1. Default

Ive fitted the turbo xs downpipe and it fitted perfectly, 20 000 km and still no engine light from it.

Quote Originally Posted by black mamba View Post
    Ive fitted the turbo xs downpipe and it fitted perfectly, 20 000 km and still no engine light from it.
    Judging by your Avatar, you have a Gen 1.
    This thread is about Gen 2's.

Gen 1 can run catless, so, there is no point. You couldn't possibly worry abaout getting a CEL in a Gen 1.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Judging by your Avatar, you have a Gen 1.
    This thread is about Gen 2's.

Gen 1 can run catless, so, there is no point. You couldn't possibly worry abaout getting a CEL in a Gen 1.
    Does that mean the 6 can run catless with no CEL?

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Does that mean the 6 can run catless with no CEL?
    Yes.

I thought I read somewhere that someone got a CEL... would the O2 sensors or anything else on the downpipe have to do with a CEL?

I thought I read somewhere that someone got a CEL... would the O2 sensors or anything else on the downpipe have to do with a CEL?
    The CEL will appear when the O2 sensors are positioned wrong.
    The 6 and the 3 Gen 1, can be driven catless. You need to space the O2 sensor out slightly.
    Sometimes, a CEL can appear, but, when cleared, probably won't come back again.
    It's to do with the ECU.

This only works when the CEL is O2 sensor related.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I haven't got any devices to clear the CEL code. I'll see how everything goes anyway, thanks for the info

I haven't got any devices to clear the CEL code. I'll see how everything goes anyway, thanks for the info
    Well, get a DashHawk then.
    It's got to be worth every cent.
    Datalogging, CEL clearing, live digital display and the list goes on and on.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

smartphone + odb2 adaptor

i got a scanguage for that reason, clear cels...

if you have a gen1, DH is your best friend Gen2 have lesser love atm, till the AP reaches here, otherwise it would be scangauge, torque app, revs but none of them is a all in one unit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123