User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello OZMPS crew!!

1. Default Hello OZMPS crew!!

Hey everyone, I am new member to this awesome forum/club..
    I have to say I am a tragic rotor fan and general Mazda supporter. Have had many rotors over the years but recently got myself a 2006 MPS6! whilst I love rotors and that mad brapping from a ported rotor, trying to live with that everyday is painful!
    I gotta say the MPS6 is a whole another level of, dare I say, sophistication that rotors just do not have.
    I drove an MPS3 before getting my red MPS6 and admit it felt quicker, but i like the fact the MPS6 is bigger and AWD which helps with our kids.
    The car had only done 40k and was an easy trade for my SP25, although I do miss the leather and Bose sound system - yes my MPS6 is only the povo pack.
    Anyway, i love reading all the info on here (already thinking of the basic intake and dump pipe mods) and am keen to catch up with other MPS owners in Brisbane.
    Cheers
    Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319858704.762378.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	9884  

Love the MPS6, would be good for the kids..fun!

Which part of Brissie?

3. Default

We are on Northside at Kallangur. Kids love the car (boys aged 10 and 4) especially the roof mounted DVD player. Pretty funny driving around with Fast and Furious DVDs playing in the back. Not so cool when Diego or Thomas the tank engine is playing though, hehe.

Welcome to the forum Andy,make sure you touch base with the guys at Allstar Tuning at Brendale for some advice which is only 5 mins down the road Richard is the guy to talk to they look after the Grand Prix Race car... Here is the link Allstar Tuning Systems

5. Default

Thanks 240MPS. With a workshop so close there really are no excuses for me to start modifying!

Hey Andy, welcome mate. Nice colour choice. Hopefully see you out and about.

7. Default

Great minds think alike don't they yeldarb (brad I'm guessing?)!!

I will be keeping an eye on the cruise forum for the next event.

welcome Andy.
    i think your red car is nicer than my black one. good choice!

Welcome Champ!

Hmm Kallangur.. so gonna be spotting you then. Have you had that car for a while?

10. Default

Thanks ryancn and brackaus! The black looks stealth mate and adds to the exec feel of the car, especially if you got luxury spec..

Brackaus, had car for only 3 weeks now. Love in Bridgeway estate, you nearby I take it?

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Heaps of great info here.

Yeah, Next Suburb... Mummby :P

Welcome to the Forum, enjoy your new ride too

Welcome Andy great looking car!

welcome to ozmps andy!!

16. Default

Well it's my 5th week with my car and I am still loving it!

Due to some nasty scraping underneath the car last night whilst driving into the garage, my initial worries turned into joy as I found out that the car has an aftermarket exhaust!

Now I know most of you are going "how can you not know this!" but to be honest cause it was low mileage and from a dealer I just figured it was stock, not to mention the tips are still small (1.5" or so), although the deepish tone of the exhaust is now a little more obvious. Will check further and take some shots for clarity.

Also whilst looking under the car I noticed bright yellow Springs installed. I can only guess this means they are King Springs, product code is KMRL or something...

Not sure if they are much lower than standard but the front bumper scrapes pretty easily. What springs were installed stock?

Anyway, feel like a bit of a twat for not even checking these things earlier but stoked nonetheless!!

Been having a few drags with mostly V8's and am pretty stoked with how it goes, but gotta say trying to get used to the short gear change from first to second. Being used to rotors it is definitely a change in driving technique!

I notice that boost in 1st and 2nd is limited - feels flat acceleration when launching hard, not boosted - is this normal? does the hypertune (?) fix this?

Thanks for reading, back to searching more of the car for other surprises (hopefully good ones!).... And of course driving it!

Andy,

I won't hold the fact that you're a Northsider against you seeing as you own an MPS .

18. Default

Nice car mate envy MPS6 owners. I have a standard mazda 6 due to the wifes inability to drive manual

Quote Originally Posted by RED6MPS View Post
    I notice that boost in 1st and 2nd is limited - feels flat acceleration when launching hard, not boosted - is this normal? does the hypertune (?) fix this?
    Correct, see the mods in my sig or on my thread. Boost is limited in the 3MPS in the lower gears, its not so bad in the 6MPS but I think it still is limited yes (not as bad as the 3). The hypertech removes this limitation and also improves throttle response. Great for the small yet efficient K04 turbo (of course, my other mods help as a whole package (exhaust, intake etc) Also, try building the revs and 'launching' off the line...if you're on boost when you launch...it won't feel flat trust me!!!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome Andy,
    Now you need the rotor to commpliment your 6mps in your garage.
    Cheers Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast